A really close friend of ours find out something horrible New Year's Eve. Her husband had been seeing another woman. He didn't want to stay with her or their 2 young toddlers. It came as a complete shock to Mike and I. We know them both very well. The woman's extended family is like our own family. She needs prayers and so do her boys. They are only 3 and almost 2. They don't understand why Daddy left. He has no desire to see them or her. He needs prayers too. Pray for her Mother and brother also,they are very close to her and will be helping her financially and with everything else. They have a small goat and chicken farm they just started before he left them. I've cried and cried for her. We saw her Thursday and sorrow as well as angry rose up within me. How could someone leave their kids? They're just children. This made me realize even though I do guard my heart,I need to guard it more. Even though I do guard my marriage,I need to guard it more. Like Proverbs says, Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life. Thank you for your prayers.
5 comments:
I'll be praying for your friend. It's scary to think that someone could just be so terrible but I do believe it. There are men and woman out there who just think of only themselves.
Heather, I will be praying for your friend and also that God would use you to be an encourager to your friend at this difficult time. The enemy is crouching around like a thief and attacking the family like never before. It is my prayer that this new year that God would strengthen families and restore relationships like never before! -love, Laurie
Please let your friend know she is being prayed for. I'll also be praying for you - that God will provide for you to show the compassion, encouragement, wisdom, etc. that your friend needs.
Oh how heartbreaking! I will definitely be praying for her and her family. Thanks for sharing this prayer need with us!
Heather, I will definitely be praying for your friend and her children. I know how it feels as does my husband...it happened to both of us in our first marriages. She will need you and everyone close to her to lift her up with words of encouragement, support her emotionally (sometimes, listening and not speaking is best) and spiritually.
Be careful not to let her sink into depression, take all the blame, beat herself up on what she could or couldn't have done differently...it is a very rough road to travel. Satan wants to trip her up in every way possible and take her down with her husband, steal her joy, make her angry at God and turn away from Him.
God is in control of all things and we will pray that he grips the heart of her husband to see what he is giving up.
Keep us posted.
((hugs))
Jenn
Post a Comment