1.23.2009

Proverbs 31 Woman

Joyce @ Joyfull Living posted the True Woman website on her blog a few days ago. I decided to check it out and I'm glad I did. I took up the True Woman 30 Day Make-Over. So far it's amazing! I've never read anything by Nancy Leigh DeMoss this is my first time and I highly recommend her. She challenged us to read Proverbs 31 for the next 31 days and write down things God gives us or how we interpret scripture. So I'm going to share what I wrote from yesterday and today,along with somethings Nancy shared.

Day One:

26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Proverbs 31:26-27


These are my 2 favorite verses out of Proverbs 31. These 2 verses can sum up what we, as women, should look and act like. We cannot do all the things listed in Proverbs 31 all the time. Though,we can speak with wisdom and kindness daily. We can also take care of our household,which is our family. Is says not to eat the bread of idleness. I know this does not mean taking a break during the day. More less, I would interpret it to mean, not just sitting down all the time when there are things to do. Like cleaning your home,spending time with your family,or even helping someone else. If anyone has more thoughts on that part,please share with me. I would love to hear them!

Nancy said that the heart of the chapter is the woman's heart,not in all she does. She does all these things because her heart is full of God. We aren't to get caught up in the doing and our character become hideous. God is far more worried about our attitude, than our works. Doing things for the Lord is wonderful,but we can get so busy like Martha and let our heart grow apart from the Lord. All this woman was doing can be summed up like this: Taking care of her househould and being a servant.

Day Two:

28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

What example are you giving your children? Will they do what verse 28 says? How we live our life in not only important for on-lookers,but for our children also. We are an example to our sons of what a wife should look like and an example to our daughters of what a wife should act like. Our sons look to us and search for a wife. He'll more than likely choose someone similar to you. I pray I set an example for Daniel that can be Godly and virtious. Our daughters watch us to see how she should treat her husband and children,also others around her. She also looks to us to see how she should keep the home,even if she does have a job outside of the home. We are not only examples to other women,but most importantly to our children.

Those were my thoughts. I feel imtimidated sometimes because my writings are so simple compared to most of you ladies. I just write improptu,sometimes write it out before hand if I'm studying. I hope you got something from this.

Now here are some thoughts from Nancy:

Proverbs 31 is a description of womanhood.- DeMoss

Three keys points about the Proverbs 31 woman:
  1. She fears the Lord
  2. She is a lover
  3. She has a servant's heart

I really like the 3 things she pointed out. That, to me, is the outline of Proverbs 31. We may not be able to do everything that is written in those passages,but we can surely do the 3 things above.

I encourage you to check out the website. It's been so wonderful for me! God Bless!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some great thoughts Heather. :)

Hippie Housewife said...

What great thoughts. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thoughts! I'm going to check that website out.

You shouldn't feel intimidated! Your blogs are always wonderful and full of wisdom from the Lord!

Rebecca said...

Oh, this is the same lady who did the 30-Day husband encouragement challenge that I LOVE! I think I am going to sign up for this one too. It looks good. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Joyfull said...

So glad you enjoyed the True Woman site. I love the days you posted, it is the stuff that sticks close to your heart. I am learning so much and loving it!
I love the pictures in the post above. Daniel is sooooo cute!!