A have a calender from David Wilkerson's ministry and each day it has a verse to look up. The above verse was yesterday's scripture. How fitting. I do believe we face much trouble ahead and the Lord is my strong hold.
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. -I John 5:14-15
This was today's verse. It was encouraging. What do we know is according to God's will? If it's holy,pure,and righteous. Many times I have to stop myself in my prayers and say, Lord, I want this,but let Your will be done in the situation. Oh boy, I didn't use to pray that. It's so reassuring to know that what we ask of the Lord, He will do if it's according to His will. Isn't it good to know you don't have to know the future? I would mess things up everyday if I were the one making the calls and not depending on the Lord.
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.
For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
Proverbs 6:16-23
I put in bold the part that talks about shedding innocent blood. That doesn't just mean abortion either,but it doesn't mean the death penalty either. I haven't ever been able to explain to people why I do believe in the death penalty. Well, I can now. The Bible says nothing about shedding guilty blood. I do want to highlight abortion though. This nation has killed so many babies in the womb. I was so happy when President Bush passed the ban on partial birth abortion. I will be so saddened if President Obama ( I still shudder when I say that,sorry I do) passed the Freedom of Choice Act(FOCA) that would overturn anything pro-life. I pray he doesn't,not only for the innocent babies,but for his own good. Oh the horror.
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God;
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
Colossians 3:18-25
If everyone would abide by this,our country would be a better place. Sadly, everyone doesn't,even Christians.
Our trip was great!! I'll write about it later. I'm going to start our supper.










4 comments:
Wow, Heather! What a powerful post. I loved what you said about believing in the death penalty and what God's word says. I never knew what to say about that either...now I do...thanks to you!
I am in complete agreement with you. I don't have to know the future or what the future holds...all I need to know is WHO HOLD MY FUTURE IN HIS HANDS.
Love you!
Jenn
Excellent Scripture (then again - what Scripture isn't??).
I so agree, if only Christians would live in loving community the way the Bible describes, it would make such a difference. Unfortunately, most seem to pick and choose which directives to follow - or follow them with such an eye to the law that they completely miss the spirit behind it.
"Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged" seems to be a popular one to ignore in Christian circles. It's no wonder so many children become hardened and turn away from the church when they get older.
Those are some great scriptures to meditate upon. I particularily liked I John 5:14-15 (whatsoever we ask) - if we ask any thing to His will - He hears. We think just because we haven't recieved that God isn't listening. But usually it is because we are not listening to God and we want things that are not in His will.
Teach us to listen God.
Thanks for sharing today. -love, Laurie
Very powerful post Heather :) I love that first verse you shared from Nahum. It's so true!
Post a Comment