1.30.2009

whew, it's been a looong week!

It feels like this week had lasted forever for some reason. Daniel turned 1 on Monday and it was so hard to believe in some ways,but not in others. He is so grown up acting and independent for the most part. Mike had to work Monday so the party was Thursday,but I looked at the schedule wrong and he was working that day too. It all worked out though. Our vacuum cleaner broke again. Our maintenance man told Mike how to fix it,but he didn't get it fixed. We'll just have to get another I guess. It has been nice weather and Thursday it got cooler. I love this time of the year,I love cold weather!

The party went great! We got cleaned up for it and everything was ready when the families got here. All were present except my Daddy and brother-in-law,they were sick. I baked cupcakes with the confetti mix and decorated them with blue icing,red sprinkles,and green sprinkles. They were cute! I got decorating tips to decorate with. I really enjoy baking and such. I had a blast during Christmas doing all the candy and pies! We had chips,dip,cookies,and drinks. Our apartment is pretty small when you pack almost 20 people in it haha The kids had fun,including Daniel. Mike's brother has 2 girls and my brother has 2 girls,the same ages. So they paired up and played. Landon just played with everyone and Daniel was squealing with delight! The adults mingled and chatted. Our family friend Brian was here too. Well, it's Mike's best friend. Actually, I used to date him haha We dated off and on for 2 years and I just knew that was my husband,funny how God works huh? Well, we're very close to his family. Amy the woman I have wrote about previously is his younger sister. Anyways. He fits right in! We didn't get Daniel anything for his birthday,just 2 shirts. He really didn't need any toys and I found these clothes back in November on sale. I don't really want him to think just because we are celebrating his birthday it means he has to receive presents. My parents didn't have to money for a gift,but she got something anyways. They got him a nice,thick jacket for next year. Mike's family got him a rocking horse (he LOVES horses dearly),a few shirts,and some pajama's. He also got some books,a Sheriff gun and badge,and a Playskool Swing 'n Score baseball. So it wasn't that much and I was glad. It was so nice having our families here! I love to have people over,but with the drive and all, we don't get many visitors. Mike said he was proud of me for planning Daniel's first party. Wow, I mean I am a Mom. I have a 1 year old son. I just never thought I would,not this soon. I'll be 26 February 20th and got married when I was 23. It's like sometimes I'm living on the outside looking in. It's really neat. Children are not a burden,but a blessing. Yes, there are very challenging,hectic,hard,and bad days,but isn't that with everything? Without struggle we don't grow, is what I believe and from experience I know. I feel sorry for those couples who do not want children,what a blessing they are missing. It's so neat to watch Daniel grow and learn. I never paid attention in detail to Tabitha and Marley while they were his age,but I notice everything with him. He can do something a hundred times and I still swoon and say 'Look baby, look what he's doing!' Mike says 'I know baby, he's been doing it.' He truly has won my heart. Between him and his Daddy I don't know if there is anymore to give out. ;-D

We have done so well budgeting so far. I am really proud of us for listening to God and disciplining ourselves. We cut our power bill,tithe,and paid the phone bill. We were able to give the money we wanted for the missionary couple and VOM. It feels good to budget and stay in order. We were wanting to give out,but were not being a good steward of what He was giving us. We realized if we didn't get a hold on it,then He would not give us more to be a steward of. We also put back the amount for our family savings. I think $6 every check will be good to start off. We are also putting back a $1 every day for Daniel,so when he turns 18 he will have some money to either get married with,start in ministry with,or college with. Mike makes good money,well enough for us to live on. For starters, we don't live outside of our means. We drive a '97 Ford F150 and live in a 2 bedroom apartment, that really isn't modern in it's decorating and appliances. God has blessed us here though. We get free rent; We got a brand new fridge last January or February; We are getting new cabinets and granite counter tops in the kitchen,bathroom,and vanity area next week; We also don't wear name brand clothes,unless they are on sale. I love name brand clothes,but I'm not paying $30 for a shirt or $50 for a purse. The scripture is true when it says in Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Is it bad to have nice things? Nope,but if it is causing you to not be a good steward of the money God has given you, then you should rethink how you are spending it. It is His money in the first place,we are only borrowing it. So we are setting out to try and give more to others and live comfortably,but not beyond our means. I never want to have to work outside of the home because of our spending. I never want Mike to have to work 2 jobs because our spending. So we'll sacrifice somethings,but really it's not a sacrifice for us that much.

Oh the True Woman study I'm doing through email is amazing! I got behind yesterday because I was so busy. So I have to listen to Day 8 & 9 tonight. I am really learning new things and seeing where change needs to take place. I want to be the woman God wants me to be,the wife God wants me to be,and the mother God wants me to be. I cannot be those apart from Him though. I encourage anyone that wants to be a Biblical,submissive wife more than you are or aren't now,to try this study. Well, I should be going. Daniel has been playing with his toys and squealing,but it's close to his bedtime and mine too. The post about my Daddy is before this one,so please check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Nacy Leigh Demoss ... I love her studies! I used to listen to her on Revive Our HEarts every day, but it's not on the radio anymore here :( I try to listen online when I can. The true woman study is amazing! I know I've told you like three times, but it just is, I agree with you!