1.14.2009

Thankful Thursday-Nothing Is Impossible

I love the verse that Iris @ Grace Alone posted for Thankful Thursday. "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27 Iris will be trying her hand at photography,so Lori @ Lori's Reflections will be hosting Thankful Thursday the next 2 weeks.

Thinking about possibilities is exciting! A whole new year has begun. A time to start something new. My husband and I set some goals for ourselves this year. We haven't ever done this and he is the one who started the conversation. I was very shocked. He isn't a "planner" and doesn't write things down. We have pretty much the perfect set up,money-wise. We stay at our apartment free of charge,have a phone bill,power bill,truck insurance,cell phone bills,and the groceries. We should already have plenty of money put back,but we don't. So we discussed things and wrote down some goals. Mind you,they're small,but it's better to start off small,than big sometimes. I want to share them with ya'll. This is a new year for us,a year for endless possibilities,a year to give what God has given us.

So here are our goals:
  • Pay tithes and bills first
  • Reduce grocery bill
  • Take $50 out of account a piece for our "spending
  • Give money to Voice of the Martyr's
  • Give money to Lance and Brenda(missionaries)
  • Put $5 a check in money jar
  • Put money in my account once a month
  • Pay cash for anything we can and only write checks if have too
  • Eat out 3 times a month
  • Eat fast food only is necessary(when we travel to see family)
  • Get a Bible study for us to do regularly
  • Make only 5 trips a month to our hometown

These are somethings we need to do and have to do. We have the amount we'll give to the ministries,but wasn't going to share that. We want to have a good bit in savings by the end of the year. We are planning a trip out to Texas to see Aunt Melinda and Richard(family friends) between July-October. We want to have money for that also. It felt good to hear Mike suggest most of these things. He just doesn't do these type of things. I hate to continue to suggest things and we never get them done. I know it was God working through him. I know we can do these things and continue to add more to the list. This is another verse I love: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

I am thankful for the peace of God. This year has already been shocking,discouraging,and upsetting to say the least. But God has given me peace through the deaths and other situations. -Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Romans 15:13

I am thankful for the Word of God. We normally run to the Word when we are in hard times,but thankfully I'm learning to run to it in good ones too. We need God everyday,not just on bad ones. Keeping a close relationship with Jesus daily, helps to lessen our "bad" days attitude wise.- The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. Isaiah 40:8

I'm thankful for God's comfort. When no one else seems to understand you, God does. When no one else understands how you feel, God does. I didn't have a clue how my cousins were feeling about loosing their Daddy,but God did and He comforted them. - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:16

I'm thankful for my life. I'm living my dream in many ways. I have a wonderful husband and son. I have a wonderful home. I have a wonderful church to attend.

I'm thankful for family. It was great seeing my family,though the circumstances weren't great. We are such a close,loving family. We've just all got children and "lives" now.

Have a blessed Thursday! Don't forget to visit Iris @ Grace Alone.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan. I pay you reach and maybe exceed your goals.
Happy tt.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have plans like that. I think starting small is a good idea. Crawl before you walk, walk before you run type deal :)

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Those sound like wonderful goals. I pray the Lord helps you reach them. May the rest of 2009 be better than the beginning.

Take care my friend!
{{{Hugs}}}