Tomorrow we are taking our truck to the mechanic to get the heater fixed. We're so grateful that God led us to a man who said he would fix it for $350 opposed to $600. Thanks to those who prayed. Mike is also off 2 days and we will enjoy them. I'm not sure when everyone else puts up there Christmas tree or whatever you put up ( I know some families who put up a cross). We like to do ours on Thanksgiving Eve,but Mike was working. So we will be doing that tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm very excited,though I just hope Daniel doesn't try to turn it over on himself! I've been teaching him the word easy when he goes to hit (just playing,but still) us in the head or when he goes to tear books up. He's catching on,but forgets too. It's amazing to watch him learn. I really don't know what else to decorate my house with,any ideas? I have my table mats that are Christmas themed and some candle holders,but other than that I just don't know what to put out. Believe it or not we do not have a Nativity Scene. We are getting one this month though. Some of ya'll know how much we have struggled with money since we have been married,but thanks be to God this year we haven't struggled so much. We actually had money early on and I started shopping for gifts the first of November. I only have a few more to get and I'll be done. I love to give to others. I love Christmas and birthdays particularly. I love to see the expression on others face when they receive something they really want or need. We are also going to do a Christmas package for a few children with Voice of the Martyr's. It is $25 per box and it contains different materials.
My mother-in-law and sister-in-laws have been coming to church with us the past few Sundays. They have really enjoyed it too. We're so glad! We love our our church! They are so mission minded,but not only to overseas missionaries. They do so much reaching out in the community. They are so abundantly blessed too. When you give,God will bless you and they are living proof. We love our worship leader(they call him minister of music) and the choir too. We both were raised in smaller churches that only had one man leading music so it's different,but in a good way. I wasn't accustomed to loud music until I started going to the Full Gospel church and I love it loud! (not too loud,I like to not have a head ache haha) The choir at church is amazing! I would love to sing in it once Daniel is older. We also love our Pastor. He used to be a high school football coach,youth leader,and has pastored for quite awhile. We knew the first time we visited there,that it was the church God wanted us at. Bro. Terry preaches with conviction and if God changes what they have put in the bulletin for his sermon,he follows God's leading. He blesses us each time we are there. He is doing a series on Signs of the Times right now. It's the 3rd Sunday into it. Last Sunday he preached about Israel and this Sunday he preached about the reviving Roman Empire. It is really scary and at the same time exciting,to see how close we are to the return of Christ! The clock is really ticking down. I am not sure if a lot of Christians know that or not,but we are very close to the the return of Christ. I am not even sure if some would admit it or really ponder on it. It's something we've been thinking about a lot this past year. I do believe I'll see the Antichrist arise in my generation (I believe in the rapture,I'm just saying in general it'll be in my lifetime) and Christ will return before I die. That used to scare me. But now it doesn't. With all that is going on and what will be going on in the future with our newly elected president, I long for Christ return. Not only for those reasons,but I simply love Jesus. It will be wonderful to finally see this man that I have put my faith and trust in. To see the God who created me in my Mother's womb. This God who has healed me,protected me,provided for me,and loved me, I will finally meet. I will be no longer distracted by the world,but will be totally focused on him and there will be no distractions. How glorious is that?! How awesome is that?! Too much for my small for my mind to really fathom.
Have a blessed week!
Oh and our 2nd wedding anniversary is coming up on December 4th! Wow,it's been an amazing journey!
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










3 comments:
Happy early anniversary! I remember the day you got married. I was thinking of you all day! I can't believe it's been two years. :)
I agree with you about the end times. I, too, used to worry about it coming in my lifetime, but now I long for the day. May Jesus come quickly!
Take care my friend!
Happy Anniversay!
(better early than late--which I usually am!)
haven't visited your blog for a while, so I was delighted to read this post of your random thoughts and find out what was happening in your world. xoxoxo
Post a Comment