Today At the Well, Sunny @ A Damsel No Longer In Distress is our host. She always blesses me with her post. She is a very wise woman I think and always uses the Word instead of her opinion. She is talking about God honoring schedules today. Which is something I love to do,schedule or have a routine.
I've always been an organizer,planner,scheduler, and so on. Well, when I married Mike that changed,not his fault,but it was due to his job. He is a State Trooper and well they have shifts like many people in the medical field. It took some adjusting to get used to it. I adjusted as best as I could and I got pregnant. Wow, that threw me for a whammy. Hurting,sickness,and other sorts put a kink in my plan. I figured after I had the baby that things would go right back to normal. That was my small minded thinking. Now, I had to try to get Daniel on a schedule of some sort. Like Laurie said you have to have them on a sleeping schedule and eating schedule(to an extent). Oh, for months there was no such thing as a schedule. Slowly one started to form,but babies are babies and they constantly changed. It was beginning to drive me nutty! Now, we're on a better schedule,but things still don't always go as planned. I'm really having to still just be patient. I take time with the Lord each day,take care of my husband,and then Daniel. I've gotten better at not thinking the house has to be spotless. If Daniel wants me to play with him, I stop what I'm doing and play with him. He is more important than dishes,laundry,or the bed. Thanks to you ladies and my other dear friends,reminding me that Daniel will only be this age once. Not saying that I don't get those things done,but it may wait to be done later in the day.
I used to be involved very much at the previous church I attended. I was on the drama team and we traveld around doing drama's and worship. Wow, I loved every minute of it! I did that for almost 2 years while I was in college. It was a very special time in my life. I grew a lot in the Lord. Some days I crave to be a part of the women's Bible study at church or other various things. There's nothing wrong with being involved,but at this time in my life my ministry is Daniel. I want to train him in the admonition of the Lord and Daniel needs me. I have friends who run here and there doing ministry and dragging their babies to grandparents,day cares,or even the church daycare. I feel bad for those babies. I am glad God showed me,with the help of friends, that Daniel is my ministry. Mike and Daniel are my main ministry. I can pray for the various other ministries daily and that is being involved too. I want to do mission work so badly too! But right now it's not the time. I'm glad God doesn't let me get ahead of myself all the time. He is gracious.
With me I know God was trying to get me to let go of my scheduling to the point that it would cause arguements between Mike and I. And yes it did,especially when Daniel was smaller. I believe I was too much of a planner and when things didn't go as planned I literally lost it. There has to be a medium and balance. Sunny shared an outline of what a Godly woman shared with her. It was perfect and the balance we need.
1. GOD FIRST: Matthew 6:33 & 10:37-39; Luke 14:33; Mark 12:30-31; Proverbs 31:30; Psalm 88:13; Psalm 1:1-3;
2. SPOUSE SECOND: Genesis 2:18-20, 3:16; Ephesians 5:22-24; 1 Corinthians 11:3, 8-9; 1 Timothy 2:13, 3:4-5; Titus 2:3-5
3. CHILDREN THIRD: Psalm 78:3-5; Titus 2:4; Deuteronomy 6:7; Proverbs 10:1; Proverbs 13:24; Proverbs 19:18; Proverbs 29:17; Malachi 2:15; Hebrews 12:8
4. HOMEMAKING FOURTH: Proverbs 31:10-31; Titus 2:3-5
5. "MINISTRY" FIFTH: Volunteering (at church & childrens' school), work, others (extended family, church family, friends) & Hobbies: 1 Timothy 2:10, 5:9-10; 1 Corinthians 12:7: Acts 9:36; 1 Thessalonians 4:9-12; Romans 12:10 & 13: 1 Peter 4:9-11)
That is what Sunny shared and I really like it. I'm going to print it out and the verses too. So as of now we just go with the flow. My husband is very much that way and I'm thankful God uses him to not let me stress if things get altered. He keeps me sane and to realize that I need to stop to smell the roses.
Have you ever planned your day, week or month, then regretted making the commitments you’ve made, wondering if your plan was the right one? Yes,now I don't make any commitments unless I know I can follow through.
Have you ever wondered if you should’ve said “yes” to one person and “no” to another and just weren’t sure what the best thing to do was? Yes I have.
Who or what does your schedule represent? Does it represent you, your affinities, or your love for Christ? Right now it represents taking care of Daniel. He is my ministry and in my care. Some days it represents me and I remember that I am to be a servant to my family and others.
Thank you Sunny and the others who contributed! I love Monday's! Don't forget to check out Sunny @ A Damsel No Longer In Distress.
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










10 comments:
I love your post. You are much wiser than I was when I was at your stage of life. If only someone had told me that my husband and children were my ministry. But I never knew that, and now I have years of regret.
Enjoy every minute with that precious little boy. Every minute that you pour into him is time well-spent. And, you're right, the dishes WILL get done. Maybe not until later, but they will get done.
My mother-in-law has always been one who has been less than the Better Homes and Gardens housekeeper. Her house has always been neat, but she has never been a fanatic about it. People always came first for her. She said "A clean house can't say I love you, but the people who I spend time with in my house can." Of course, you don't want a sloppy house, but does a spotless house come at the expense of rocking that little boy. I don't think so!
Blessings,
Patti
Wonderful my friend. It was when I was your age that I was involved in way to much outside my home. It's good to see you have your priorities straight. Keep up the good work!
Hugs,
Kim
That precious little boy will so appreciate knowing that his momma has time to rock him or play with him! They really do grow up fast!
Thank you for a great post today AT THE WELL. There is no ministry more fullfilling and honoring than motherhood. As you know, schedules cannot be so rigid that flexibility is not allowed. With a baby you need flexibility in your schedule. There are tons of ways that you can minister to others. Your ministry CAN fit into your schedule. While the baby naps, how about calling some abseentees, or writing an encouragement card to someone who is sick, or bake a cake for your new neighbor. This is all ministry and God will honor you for your obedience and committment to your family. "Train up a child and he will not depart from it" - You are leading a training camp for Jesus....bless you, Laurie
I loved your post today! Our babies need us to fit their schedule for quiet awhile but they do grow up and all too fast. Enjoy the chaos now because it goes by too quickly. When he gets older...the old schedules will come back or you might be like me now...those schedules don't mean as much as they once did after 2 sons and my baby is 14. As long as God is first and foremost in our lives, spouse is second and children are third...the rest will work itself out. Life is too short.
Have a blessed week!
Know what's so cool? The way God really provides the way out from under temptation. My personality and my habits prior to marriage were such that I was an easy target to over-commit myself outside of the home. But God has kept our lives transient enough that I was never really able to dig myself in the way I once did. For awhile this was a bit of a struggle because I wasn't truly submitting to the dynamic - I was just going with it because that's the way it was. But, when my son was about a year old we made a move and my heart was really opened to what God would do through placing us in a relatively isolated spot. These last several years have been such a tremendous blessing as I've really learned the joys of serving first at home! Just after my daughter turned two, God pretty much told me - "you need to get out to my people a little more". That's only been within the last several months but it's been so nice approaching outside commitments with the clear leading of God and not just because momentum has taken over.
Heather, stop by my blog today...I have an award waiting for you.
Have a blessed day!
Girl, you keep writing and I'll keep reading. I can't tell you the number of times that I have wanted to quit but my dear friend and pastor's wife, who got me into this as a ministry...keeps telling me that it not to please man, get their approval or comments or their applause but to honor HIM. She can tell me that because her husband, my friend and pastor, has to tell her that too :) So, I have had to push forward. I have found it very helpful to enroll in many different blogrolls, comment on others and let them know that I am listing them as a blog that I follow. I have picked up several new "bloggy" friends just over the past few weeks. Do you have site meter? Even though, people don't leave comments...they might be coming by reading. I love my site meter and my feedjit. I have a number of people that tell me at church that they love my blog but have never commented and I would have never known they were following me.
Hang in there...be of good courage because you are ministering to others and you might never know it on this side of heaven.
Have a blessed day!!!!
I wanted to respond to the question you asked about Created to Be His Helpmeet. Yes, I've read it. I own it and I really like it. However, I do think that Mrs. Pearl comes across as harsh in most of the book. Yes, she speaks truth, but I don't think she speaks in love. A book I like much better is Passionate Housewives Desperate for God. The tone is more gracious, but it doesn't compromise the truth of God's word.
I wish that book had been written 14 years ago, when my children were little. I would have done things so differently.
Hello precious sister!
I sure am getting old! I remember reading this on Monday and thought I left a comment! I obviously didn't! So sorry about that!
I'm so delighted that you've joined us At The Well today to share all that God has been teaching you!
And like you, I used to "lose it" when everything didn't as planned. I'm really learning how to let go and truly let God! :-)
Bless you sister,
Sunny
P.S. I also left a message on my WFW post for you in response to what you wrote to me. :-)
Post a Comment