I love Thanksgiving! It is my other favorite holiday. I love getting together with family and eating! What can I say? It's a time to just slow down,rest,and enjoy your family. I remember we used to go to my Mother's parents for Thanksgiving. Oh it was a great time! My Mama only has 1 brother,but it was so much fun! I loved going to MawMaw and Pawpaw's for holidays. MawMaw would start preparing food a couple days before the actual day. Her house smelt so delicious inside! We always had a wonderful time there. I'm thankful for those memories with her and PawPaw. They're both with the Lord now. I miss them dearly and am sad they couldn't see Daniel,nor my husband. We also went to my Daddy's parents. It was always full of children! With 5 sisters and 2 brothers who had many kids,it was so much fun! I'm thankful for and cherish those memories too because most all of the grand kids have babies of their own. I can't believe this will be our 2nd Thanksgiving together,but now with lil' Daniel Paul. Wow! I have MUCH to be thankful for every day I wake up.
So I'm thankful for:
- Time with family around the dinner table
- Freedom to celebrate with family and friends
- Jesus, if not for him, I would not have anything
- My parents, they are so wonderful and I am just so blessed!
- Just life itself, I cannot ask for more really.
- God's provision,which He continually gives us.
- My nieces and nephew. I miss them like crazy!
- Mike, he is just so trustworthy. He knows just when we need to do things,I'm blessed.
- Robyn, my SIL. She is such a huge help to us when it comes to Daniel.
- Mama, she is so real and so silly at the same time.
There is so much more I'm thankful for,but that's just some. Two things I want to praise God for and be thankful for I will mention. I mentioned we needed our heater fixed in the truck. Well, Mike called the man we wanted to do it,but he was busy. So we waited,now I will admit, I was getting frustrated with Mike,but I should have knew better. He calls me today and tells me some wonderful news! He met a mechanic that is friends with our Pastor and another Trooper friend that said he will fix it for $350 opposed to $600! That is a huge blessing for us!! We are just so thankful God took care of us and I am so thankful that Mike knows when to wait and when to act. That's why I married him. Even when I don't understand why he doesn't just do things or understand why he does them, I still trust him. The second thing is dealing with Robyn,my SIL. Our 2nd wedding anniversary is coming up December 4th,but we'll have to go out December 13th. We didn't think anyone was going to be able to keep Daniel. We love taking him places and he goes everywhere with us,but we wanted a date without him. Robyn let us know this week she could keep him! We were thankful and excited! Oh I miss time with my hubby. Just us alone being husband and wife without distractions (not meaning Daniel,washing/cleaning/etc.). So we are going out and I am so excited! Oh I miss those dating days, when I'd wait for him to pick me up. We still act like we're dating,but we live in the same house soo ya know. Anyways! I am so happy about it!!
This was long,thanks for reading it all! Check out Iris @ Grace Alone for more on Thankful Thursday.










5 comments:
What a great list!
I am so glad your SIL will be able to baby sit. Sometimes new parents, especially moms, feel guilty about leaving little ones for some couple time. But it is so important. We have to keep our marriages fresh and that takes time, not to mention effort!
Take care, my friend!
Have a great day!
That's awesome about the heater and your SIL. You are so blessed! I love these thankful Thursday things you do, I may start :)
ryc: It's the same blog, I just deleted some entries. Wanted a fresh start :)
I met Adam the 1st. We met at a bar (I know! Not great) But we both had a good time, just talking all night. Ever since we've been hanging out about twice a week. He's a 5th grade teacher, very much a traditional type guy, goes to Church every Sunday, he's coaches 7th grade basketball, and he's a country boy. Soo ... pretty much everything I've been looking for!
Thanksgiving is, hands-down, my favorite holiday!!! Of course, I love the spiritual aspects of Christmas, but I detest that it has become so commercialized. That's why I love Thanksgiving so much.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing about your Thanksgiving plans. As one who has family far away, take it from me, you are VERY blessed to have both sets of parents living so close. I know everyone wants to start their own traditions (I did), but the older I get, the more I realize that our precious parents won't be with us forever. Our family can do our own thing in the morning or for lunch, but I wish now that I still had the tradition of being with family for the bulk of the feast. After all, one day, much sooner than I realize, they will be gone.
Blessings to you,
Patti
It's so fun reading your blog because there's so much in there, stats and ideas, that I could write myself!
Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday too!
Post a Comment