For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16
That's a deep subject that a lot do not put thought into. I started my physical life on February 20,1983 in Lucedale,Mississippi. A very small rural town. I'm thankful for the life God gave me as a child,teenage,and young adult. I am thankful I had a good childhood with loving parents and loving siblings.
My spiritual life begin in 1993,not sure the day. I'm thankful for the walk God has allowed me to walk. I have hit many bumps,but mostly because of my own decisions. I've had many ups and many downs. I'm thankful for them all. It has made me who I am today.
Iris asked questions about what are we doing with our life? Do we live it for others or ourselves? That's some good questions. I live my life for Jesus and I try to be a servant to my family. I know I fail,but I am getting better at it. I don't want my life to be a testament of myself,but who I was in Christ.
Speaking of physical life, it's hard loosing loved ones,even if they are brothers and sisters in the Lord. My first experience with death was my Pawpaw Pal,who died in 2001. I wasn't that close to him,but it still was strange. My second experience was when my cousin,Adam, died suddenly. He was 20 years old and killed suddenly in a motorcycle accident on his way to church. That was very hard to deal with. My Pawpaw then passed away and then my Mawmaw. Both were hard,but I knew they were suffering and would be in heaven. The hardest death was my sister's brother-in-law whom I went to church with. He fell while working construction and died in 2006. It was so hard and I thought I would never get over it. So we never know how much more life on earth we have. We should live it to the fullest and for the glory of God. He is the giver of life and we should serve Him. Our spiritual lives should flourish and we should grow closer to God. We should not stay on the milk forever,but taste the meat of God's Word. Jesus came so we could have life more abundant! The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10 So live your life to the fullest and abundantly in God's riches!
I'm thankful for...
- My wonderful husband who provides for me physically and spiritually
- My playful son who loves me unconditionally
- My gracious Savior who gave me the life to live
- My home,which I love to be at
- That I can stay at home with Daniel
- I have clothes on my back and food in the pantry
- I can talk and can hear
- For God's Word which cleanses me and refines me
- For all my friends on the Internet that bless me!
I pray you all have a wonderful Thursday! Don't forget to check out Iris @ Grace Alone.










8 comments:
Beautiful post and beautiful list of blessings! (I'm from Mississippi, too!) Happy Thankful Thursday to you.
Hurray for wonderful husbands who provide and let us stay home with little ones!
Family is the most precious thing this side of heaven. Your post shows that you have fully grasped that idea. It is our gracious Savior who gives us our lives and those we love.
...somedays my greatest thanksgiving is food in the kitchen too! I don't think we realize how many moms have this as their #1 concern every day! God is Good!
Kindest Thoughts,
~esthermay
Such a really lovely post.
Thank you, in the midst of listing your blessings, for reminding us all that this life is temporary. I find it a curious thing (lie of the enemy) that across time and space, no one ever really expects their earthly life to end and therefore we get too wrapped up in it. We can enjoy the blessings here but look forward.
Heather...you again have blessed me through your insightful writings. You pour out your heart and touch those who stop by to read.
I have an award waiting for you over at my blog...come by and pick it up. It is the Marie Antionette~Real Person Award. You deserve it!
I ditto your list of "thanksgiving" sister. And your article was a blessing. Thank YOU for writing from your heart so we can see Jesus in you.
Bless you sweet one,
Sunny
Thank you to you too. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a blessed day!!!
In His Love,
Adrienne
Another beautiful post! I know loss is hard, it takes time, and God to heal. I always try to remember that we go on to somewhere beautiful and peaceful and not this place of suffering.
Post a Comment