11.06.2008

Thankful Thursday-Stability & Music

Iris is the host for Thankful Thursday. She named several things she is thankful for,go to her blog for more.

What am I thankful for?

I'm thankful for God's stability. He is stable at all times. He is in control at all times. He is all knowing. When we think one way, He knows the way. When we wonder what the future holds, He knows what it holds. Like the old hymn goes, "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,Because He lives, all fear is gone;Because I know He holds the future,And life is worth the living,Just because He lives!" He is our rock and strong tower. I love the song by the rock group Kutless. "You are my strong tower Shelter over me Beautiful and mighty Everlasting King You are my strong tower Fortress when I'm weak Your name is true and holy And Your face is all I seek" When the stock markets are shakable,God is unshakable. When the economy is crashing down,God is lifted up. He cannot be shaken. Like the Phillips,Craig,& Dean song says, "You are God alone from before time begin. You were on Your throne,You're God alone. And right now in the good times and bad. You are on Your throne You are God alone. Unchangeable,Unshakable,Unstoppable,That's what You are."When I think I cannot go anymore, God is my source of strength. His joy shall be our strength. God cannot be moved. Another comfort is if we are righteous,then we cannot be moved. Though the mountains be shaken and the earth crumbles, if we stay in God and Jesus we will not be moved or destroyed. We maybe shaken,but not moved. Another song I love is the one by Darrell Evans, "I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned Struck down but not destroyed I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure And his joy's gonna be my strength" So what do we have to worry about? Nothing really. God is God,no matter what may come or go. He has been for centuries.

My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
Psalm 144:2

Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
Psalm 55:22

I am also thankful for music. I love music! Praise and worship,contemporary,rock,anything Christian just about. Music ministers to our souls,it does mine. I love to sing in the truck,in the house,in the stores,or at church. I just love music. I'm thankful for the artist who make cd's and do concerts so we may worship with them. Don't forget to go to check out Iris @ Grace Alone today.

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful post! I love music too...my praise and worship music plays all day while I'm at my desk working. There are times that before I realize it...I have quit working, tears streaming down my face, hands lifted toward heaven and I am letting go of things that I didn't realize that I needed to let go of. I, too, am so thankful for music.

Happy TT!!!!

Unknown said...

All I can say to that post is AMEN!

Blessed be the name of the LORD - today and forevermore!

In His grace,
Jill

salsaberries said...

Music can be such a powerful thing. I love listening to classic rock, tejano and southern gospel.

Denise said...

Amen, such a beautiful post.

Joyfull said...

Great reminder that even though it seems everything may be falling apart, God is still in control.
Loved your thoughts on music, it truy lis powerful!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Great post! God is definitely our strong tower. I am so glad I don't have to worry about the current circumstances. God is in control! I, too, love music. God has used it to speak to me many times. Have a great Friday, my friend!

Susanne said...

I love music, too!! Because He Lives is also one of my favorite hymns! Thanks for sharing this awesome post.

Have a great weekend, and Happy TT!

Kay said...

What a lovely blog. Since it's Thankful Thursday, I'd like to say I'm grateful for my handsome new nephew that was born today!

i said...

What a lovely post! Blessings to you!

Patti said...

I love music too. Alot of kinds, really, not always just Christian. (Do I hear a gasp of outrage?) I actually love the big band sound of Glenn Miller, and I really like Frank Sinatra. But I love lots of contemporary Christian music as well, especially Chris Tomlin, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Phillips, Craig, and Dean. We have been in churches, though, where all contemporary Christian music was frowned upon. If it wasn't hymns, you shouldn't be listening to it, according to them. While I love hymns, I don't think they are the only thing acceptable for Christians. Saying so is legalism.

Blessings,
Patti

Patti said...

OH, and I LOVE Josh Groban. What a voice!! He's certainly not a Christian singer, but his music is very soothing.

Kathie said...

Wonderful post. Thank you for sharing. Blessings from Costa Rica

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Heather I wanted to drop you a note and tell you that I've tagged you on my blog. Come and see.
Hugs.
Kim