Wow, it's been a busy weekend for us. I was not online for 3 days total I think. Probably the longest I have not been online in awhile,sad I know. I just don't have any friends here and the ones I have stay busy with their kids. I am sort of a loner anyway. So I haven't read any post from those days I don't think. I also keep up with another site,it's a forum, with a group of women who I've known for awhile now.
Well, our weekend was fun! Mike had off Friday-Sunday. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas! Mike is working Thanksgiving Eve and Thanksgiving Day. I am going to cook us a small Thanksgivng dinner Wednesday. I am going to attempt to bake a homemade apple pie,somewhat. What are everyone's plans for Thanksgiving?
Friday morning I got up early and went to finish some of our Christmas shopping. They are my 2 favorite holidays,besides Easter. I found some great deals at Wal-Mart. I got all the bags,wrapping paper,bows,and tissue paper I needed. I also got gifts for Maycie and Brooklynn's (Mike's 2 nieces),Landon,Daniel,Mike,Mama,Tabitha and Marley(my nieces),and Daddy's. I still have to get Tabitha and Marley a kids worship cd a piece,get ammo for the men,get Mrs. Glenda(MIL) some plates,and get the rest of Mike's. I really want Mike's to be special. The first 2 years he hasn't gotten much because we didn't have much money,so he spent mostly on me even though I protested. I bought him a pair of Cargo pants and a dress shirt Friday. I looked for the 22 Marlin rifle,but they were out of them. The lady said she had ordered some,so I have to check back. He's also getting the new Brian Doerksen cd and a book called No Atheists In Foxholes. He loves military books,especially ones talking about how God moves among our troops. He is going to be so thrilled about he 22 Marlin! I am hoping I can find one. Guns are not as easy to get as they were a year ago,well even 6 months ago,neither is ammunition. So I am just praying I can get it for him. He's a gun man and I'm a gun woman. I like the mini-Glocks and 22 Marlins. So I was happy to get most of our shopping done. Mike said Daniel was not happy when he woke up and I wasn't there,poor baby. If ya'll haven't caught on we co-sleep still,have since he was born. We've adjusted pretty well to it and I wouldn't do it any other way. Friday night was my time to play match maker ha! The previous Sunday we had Ivan Parker do a sing at our church and a friend of Mike's showed up. He sat with us and we went to Cracker Barrel afterwards. He is a Trooper also and is single. He mentioned something about finding a Christian woman to date,but he made it clear he is dating to marry,not just to date. My brain started churning and I thought of Robyn,Mike's oldest sister. So I mentioned to him I'd like to introduce them and he was fine with it. Sooo Friday they met us at the house and we went out to eat. We then went mini-golfing or goofy golfing. We had a blast! Daniel,of course,went with us. He pretty much goes everywhere with us. There is one time we went out without him,that was to see Fireproof. They both said they want to do it again,so we'll see. Ultimately, God will show them if they are to date or not. I just want everyone to have what Mike and I have and I get all excited about match making!
Saturday was another busy day. Mike and 2 other guys went to the local gun show. Robyn came down and we went shopping,more like she did. She did some of her Christmas shopping. We had a good time,it was just so cold! We went to church Sunday morning and Robyn came with us. It was a wonderful time! I just love our worship time and to hear Bro. Terry preach. I had to take Daniel in the foyer though because he wanted to talk and jabber. He got a little irritable,but we just stayed out there. I have been going to the nursery with him,but he got a cold last week from a baby in there. I just don't want him sick all the time because parents bring their babies/kids sick to church and drop them off in the nursery. We have opted not to leave him in the nursery by himself,I just don't like that idea. We get weird reactions to that all the time and it does get discouraging to me mainly. I feel like people just don't understand some of our decisions and truthfully they don't. When Daniel can walk,talk,and use the potty by himself then we'll let him go to Sunday school or children's church, if they are being taught something. If not he'll sit out front and learn there. He'll be learning the majority of the Bible at home,like it should be. Ok, I will not rant about all that. Just be praying for me mainly,that I will not feel intimidated by others or not as capable as other Mothers. Sunday afternoon we relaxed. They had communion,but only Mike would be able to go,since Daniel disrupts the service. We went over to a friends house instead and visited.
17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. 18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.
Ezekiel 3:17-21
I have started reading Ezekiel and it can be somewhat hard to understand,but I love the O.T.! These verses are pretty easy to interpret I think. Many people wonder why the religion of Christianity preaches about sin. This verse pretty much says it. Some people even completely do away with the O.T. since Christ came for the remission of our sins. This is why we have to let others know what sin is and if they are committing it,of course lovingly. Jesus was harsh to those who knew the law,but twisted it to fit their own agenda. He was not so harsh with those who were clueless to the law. I try to deal with people that way. Maybe I shouldn't say harsh,but very blunt. I just found these verses interesting and I've never read Ezekiel before. I also finished a chapter from a sample of Iran: Desperate for God. Wow. Amazing. The chapter was called The Fanatic. It is about former Muslims who convert to Christianity. Most other religions are so dedicated,way more than Christianity. It's rather odd,ya know? They worship false gods or doctrines,but they put so much more into their faith,on the flip side we worship the true God,yet don't put so much into our walk. Anyway,just a thought. Muslims literally worship allah. It just hit me as I read about how this young girl would bow 400 times a day to pray. I felt ashamed. I felt ashamed. Now, they do it out of legalism I think because you have to do certain things to go to heaven or paradise. But just think, if we as Christians (speaking to myself too) truly worshipped in the sense they do. Worship means state or condition of worth, hence the term "his worship," meaning his worthyship. Wow, what could we do as the Body of Christ? Ok I won't get on that rant either. I'll leave this verse with you though. 30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:30
So that's what we have been up too. I am going to update my picture blog also! So check it out!
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










2 comments:
what is the forum?
Hi Heather, I hope you don't mind that I'm here. I got your blog from Sheila's. I love to see blogs that are glorifying God's name...
Post a Comment