10.28.2008

Fall is here

As we woke up yesterday morning it was cold,colder than it usually is this time of the year. I sent my hubby off to work and played with Daniel. Fall was officially here a few weeks ago,but it's actually starting to look like it and feel like it. I love fall/autumn season! The colors are pretty,the air is crisp,and there's a wonderful holiday to celebrate! Last night we had our first cup of hot chocolate and this morning I had some coffee. We love hot chocolate and smores! Yes, last year I did not eat many smores due to being pregnant and trying to not put much weight on Daniel. Well, this year I'll indulge myself!

As I lay in bed last night, I thought about how blessed I am. God is so good! He is so faithful! I truly would have never dreamed that I would been married right now and have a baby. Those who know me very well, knew had badly I wanted to be a wife. Well, with that desire came many immature decisions. I'll have to write about that someday. God continually had His hand on me guiding me to where He wanted me.

I am very blessed to have a wonderful,loving,God-fearing husband. He takes such good care of me. I remember the day when I knew Mike was the one God had for me. It really blew me away,but yet it came softly. We went through so much being apart for 6 months of our relationship,but God used it to help us grow stronger in Him and one another. I think he is the funniest man alive and I think he is the most heroic at the same time. My love for him grew from friendship to intimate in 6 years.

I am also very blessed to have a adventurous,high spirited,funny little baby boy. Daniel has brought new meaning to life. I now can get a glimpse of God's love for us and for his son. I wasn't prepared at all for being pregnant,a baby, or to be a mother,even though God revealed it to me in 3 dreams 3 months before I got pregnant. I love Daniel Paul so much! He is so energetic,so full of life,and loves me so much! I see that little human being and can't imagine life without Daniel. He is just so precious!

Wow, there are so many more things that I am blessed with. I could write and go on and on. Today Daniel has been crawling around getting into things or as others would say "exploring". He keeps me on my toes,that's for sure. I wonder if all babies are this way? My nieces sure weren't. Mike says I'm just not used to boys. He's such a little boy! Tomorrow and Thursday my husband will have off. We have one major thing to do,get our heater fixed in our truck. Other than that, it should be laid back. His off days go so fast it seems. Saturday my oldest niece,Tabitha, will turn 7 years old. Wow, where has the time gone? I remember my SIL when she was pregnant with her and when she had her. We were all so happy and excited! She was the first grand baby for my parents and first time I was Aunt Header(as they used to pronounce it). Mike has off that day too,so hopefully we'll be able to go to the family party. This past week my other SIL(Robyn,Mike's oldest sis) turned 25. It's hard to believe we're done with college at SBC. She's working there as a secretary and I'm married with a baby. Who would have thought it? Not us for sure. Daniel also turned 9 months on Sunday! Where did that time go? I still can picture him nursing so sweetly and falling asleep. He was so small and so alert too. Now, he's crawling,standing up,smiling at us,laughing at us,and jabbering all the time. This is why I can't let housework be more important. If I don't watch it,he'll be done with the homeschooling program,ready to do what God has for him. Yes, we plan on homeschooling. We both attended public schools and came out fine,but it's A LOT different than 9-12 years ago. I just pray I'm a good teacher. I've never been one to teach.

Oh, he's started crawling away or trying to hide whatever he has when I tell him no or go to get it. Sneaky lil' boy! He will have to be taught that is no,since he has done very good with No, Daniel,here is this. Training Daniel isn't hard as much as it is inconvenient. By that I mean, if I'm washing dishes and he tries to pull the radio off the shelf, I have to stop what I'm doing and go over there. So I'll just stop what I'm doing each time and go get what he has. I want him to be pleasant to be around and he is. It's amazing! At church in the nursery, when someone says no, he immediately stops and looks at them or if we're at the family or friends he does the same thing. He doesn't destroy things(except paper or napkins) or fuss all the time. So I am blessed and thankful we are starting early with Daniel,as opposed to some parents. He also runs now when I go to chase him and play. It's so cute! He stops after a few minutes,looks at you,and goes to crawl away again. We have fun doing that during the day! I love staying home with him! I just can't wait until I can begin teaching him scripture and reading the Bible to him and him understand it. We're going to train and teach Daniel to love God and be a warrior for him,to be in love with Jesus and want to be like him,and to always be in prayer. Well, I am off now! I am enjoying getting to know you ladies more!

Here are some verses I really love.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Psalm 2:8

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33

6 comments:

Liberty said...

I do not feel like I am a good teacher, but where God leads He definitely provides. I am a vessel and I pray that He parents through me and teaches through me. Our first year of homeschooling was definitely the hardest. It all depends on the curriculum that works best for your personalities. When you find the right one it is easy. You sound like a very good mommy. You have nothing to worry about.

Kay said...

It's so nice to 'hear' you talk about your son. I can't wait until I can have children of my own. I really want to be a stay-at-home Mom, but first I must finish school. He sounds so cute. Good luck homeschooling. My mom is considering homeschooling my little sister because she's tired of the public school system. My husband and I haven't talked about that yet. I'd like to, but I also enjoyed public school (mostly). He was hospitalized during a big chunk of High School, so I think it seems better to him, than it really is. Anyway, I just love reading your entries. God Bless!

Unknown said...

Ok, I didn't get to read this post yet (will soon) but I love your blog lift I am going to have to copy. I haven't had a lift in a while and this one is way cute. It's addicting huh???

Well God Bless you sister!!

In His Love,
Adrienne

Patti said...

Hi Heather,

You left a comment on my blog the other day---the post was about the applause I was receiving through church "ministry" all to the neglect of my family.

This is a beautiful post. You're right, you are abundantly blessed. And take it from one who has screwed up---enjoy every moment with your son, for he will grow quickly, much more quickly than you can imagine. I'd like to share with you what I wrote in a journal back in 1995. This was about a year and a half after I'd gotten on the fast track to busyness in the church

"I am not rested physically, mentally, or spiritually. I am totally exhausted and horribly unhappy. I am miserable. All I really want to do is stay home and play with my children. but I can't do that---it's a waste of time. And I have so many more important things to do. But, oh, how I wish I could!"

Did you catch that, Heather. I wrote that it was a waste of time to play with my children, that I had more important things to do. And what were those important things? They were all related to chruch ministry. I had "KIngdom work" to do. since when is raising children in the Lord NOT Kingdom work? Since when is ministering to the heart of your child NOT KIngdom work?

So, I say to you, loudly and with passion, every moment that you spend loving that son, reading to him, playing with him, nurturing him, training him in the Lord is a moment well spent. Enjoy every minute...and don't let anyone ever tell you that you are wasting your time.

Blessings upon your day,
Patti

Unknown said...

Hi Heather, we don't celebrate it either!! But i do love going to the harvest festivals. We have one every year at church.

I know I couldn't chose between which background so I chose this one. I had to try every one of them out. I seen your blog and thought it was sooo cute. So I had to change mine, it needed some changing!!! I love your bloglift now that I'm looking I was contemplating weither to put the one you have or the one I picked. But when I came back today I was like I'll do that one next. It looks way cute on yours.

God Bless you!!
Adrienne

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

What a wonderful post about your family. Your heart shone all through it. We homeschool our kids and it's so great to see each accomplishment as it happens. Oh and yes boys are so different then girls. Oh boy are they different. Maybe you will be blessed with a little girl someday so you can see lol. Treasure these moments as they do go by so fast. I can tell you have your priorities straight and that's so great to see.
Have a great day.
Kim