North Korea is one of the most evil countries on earth. They are probably the most hostile towards Christians. I got my VOM magazine in the mail this week and started reading it this morning as I was eating breakfast. The magazine this month is focusing on North Korea and our brothers and sisters there. I was reading a story about Choi Yong Jin (not her real name). She was a worshipper of the leader there until a man gave her a Bible. She begin to read it and realized where life really came from,Jesus Christ. Of course the authorities found out about her "spy" endeavor,as they call it. She was taken to prison and beaten brutally. She then had a trial and was found not guilty,but of course things are never what they seem. She had a second trial and was so brutally beaten that her face was paralyzed and she couldn't talk,so they sentenced her 15 years in prison. She prayed and prayed there. She was beaten everyday badly. Her husband finally got enough money to "bail" her out. She escaped to China and now volunteers for VOM. She said that she hasn't forgotten her people. Continue to pray her for and the Christians in North Korea. Also pray for the non-Christians because they are so deceived by the authorities there.
As I read this and looked at the pictures of North Korean Christians, I asked God this question. 'Why them Lord? Why not us?' But I didn't get a response. I mean I'm no better than these people,we are equal,but I am the one who isn't persecuted as they are. I can say Jesus,have a Bible,and go to church with no problem. I then asked, 'Why aren't they free,but we are?' I got an answer this time. God spoke to me and said 'They are free,more so than you are.' I stopped what I was doing and I knew what He meant. What He said is very true. It's sad,but true. I looked at the picture of believers secretly takin communion. It shouldn't be that way! We take communion like once a year and we think it's wonderful and we're holy. But do we even really know what it means? We face little to no persecution here in the United States. Are we truly ready if something that like came here? We are so free physically to do as we please,but I don't think we are free spiritually like we should be. Ah, I crave to be like them! Those Christians who literally will DIE to have one ripped page from the Bible! They will worship Jesus at no cost! In contrast it does costs them something. It costs them their family sometimes. It costs them their belongings sometimes. It costs them their life most of the time. But to them nothing is more important than their Lord Jesus Christ. Why don't the American Christians get it? Why are we so much like the Israelites? We love the Lord one day and the next we don't. I'm not talking in general here,I'm talking to myself and everyone who reads this blog. We worry so much about our homes,our cars,our make-up,our clothes,our t.v.'s,and so on. We truly do not crave Jesus like those Christians who are persecuted do. My heart still burns for the persecuted and those who do not know the Lord. But I've hardened my heart towards America in many ways. They do not want the Gospel of Jesus or anything to do with God. They have enough things to "fill" them up. I get so angry because we are so selfish,self-absorbed,and spoiled! Even myself! When I came back from Honduras, I was changed. I did not want to be how I was. I did not want to just forget the hunger I saw in the Hondurian people for Jesus. They didn't even know who he was,but when they found out that he died on a cross for them they were overjoyed! They craved him. What happend to me? Why have I went back to what I was and how I was? It took a few years to get there,but I'm here. I'm the epitomy of the American people. Oh,but wait! I read my Bible,I pray,I go to church,I bless my food,I don't cuss,I don't smoke,hey I don't even drink alcohol! Is that good enough? Is that truly the only thing God wants from me? I know the answer is no. I don't have to pray 24/7,but why can't I be more thankful? Why can't I be more gracious to others? Why can't I be more kind? Why can't I look more like Jesus did?
Not only do I have myself to worry about now,I have a son. I have a precious little boy who does not know what t.v. is,does not know about clothes,or his appearance. I do not want Daniel to be self-absorbed. I do not want Daniel to even care about cartoons! I want Daniel to crave God's Word from the time he can really talk and understand what I am saying. I want him to love God and want to worship Him with his lifestyle! I want Daniel to be so bold for Christ that he is not afraid to do things different from other boys,youth,or young men! I want him to know about the persecuted church and how free physically we are. I want Daniel to be like Jeremiah when he said the Word was like a fire in his bones! I want Daniel to proclaim the Word of God to the brokenhearted,the blind,the prisoner! I want Daniel to see how blessed he is,not because he has a t.v. or toys,but because he can speak the name of Jesus in public and that he can take his Bible where he wants. I want Daniel to be empowered with the Word of God at a very young age,unlike my husband and I. I don't want Daniel to be 15 or 19 and just figuring out he has power over the enemy through the blood of Jesus or that God can heal him because it says in Isaiah 53:5 by your strips I am healed! No, I want Daniel to be like the Old Testament Daniel,hence why we picked the name. Our children are so precious and important! I can't wait to have a little girl who cares nothing about Hannah Montana or Barbies,but craves the Word of God. Who wants to be like Queen Esther or Ruth. Oh God, have mercy on our children! Grant them desires that we do not have! Give them the eyes to see what we do not!
Father, please forgive me for I do know what I do. I am sorry! I am selfish and ungrateful! I am self-absorbed! I am spoiled and I am not grateful! I say I am! But I'm NOT! I am no better than those who hung you on the cross and spat in your face! I am wretched and I need YOU! Not once,but every day,every mintue,every second, I need you,Jesus!
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










1 comment:
You are a kindred spirit!!!! Wow! We do share the same passionate heart. I often call myself a tissue sample of the American church, as Jesus spoke in Revelation 3:17-19, we think we're so blessed, so rich, because we have so many things, but really we are, "wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked."
My hope is that verse 19 says that Jesus loves us that's why he rebukes and chastens us.
I pray with the same fervent heart of repentance, wanting my sons to be bold and loving in Jesus!
I like what you wrote, "I want Daniel to see how blessed he is,not because he has a t.v. or toys,but because he can speak the name of Jesus in public and that he can take his Bible where he wants. I want Daniel to be empowered with the Word of God at a very young age,unlike my husband and I."
ME TOO! AMEN SISTER!
Keep redeeming the time,
Sheila
Post a Comment