








It's time to gather at the well with these wonderful women of God! I'm so thankful that I came to blogger and found you wonderful ladies! Natalie @ I AM(not) is our host today, so head over to her blog for her thoughts on our homes being an extension of who we are.
Her question to us was : How does your home reflect who you are?
Good question. I have always lived in a Mobile Home (trailer) and to me that was a home. My parents always told us home is not about what you live in,but what lives there with you. Love makes a house a home. I took that with me through my early years till now. Mama had it decorated with all her old antique things and of course pictures of the children. Holidays were the best time because you smelt the yummy fixings! Candles were always lit and there was always laughter in the home. All of our friends and extended family love coming over because we were always laughing and loving on each other. I cherished my trailer and really hated to leave it.
Now, that I am married I want my home to be like my parents. I want it to be full of laughter(which it is, my husband is the funniest man in the world) and full of love! We live in a 2 bedroom apartment in the city. How does my home reflect me? Well, I like organization,so things are put in specific places so we know where to find them. (ha, except my husbands keys he is determined to always misplace them!) God is a God of order. He expects our homes to be in order also. It may not always be neat (ha how can it with crawling infant?),but things should be in order and have a set place they are stored and put away. I also love scents! So our home always has candles lit. I do the seasonal thing with candles! I have a candle in the kitchen,bathroom,and our bedroom! My husband loves to smell the aroma of my home. I also love to cook and my husband loves to eat! ha! So our home is filled with good smelling foods,whether it is desserts or the main course. I also love pictures!! So you guessed it! Pictures are up,as many I can put up without it looking cluttered. We both loves books,so we have 2 full book shelves! We have a t.v. in 2 rooms,but we watch what we let come on the screen. We want a peaceful,loving spirit in our home. I always have my Christian radio station playing or a Christian cd in. I want God to be welcomed here 24/7!
We love the Lord and want our home to honor Him. Not only honor Him,but be full of Him. So I picked out verses from the Word,typed them up,printed them out,and put them up in different spots in the home. I want others to see Christ in my home. I want them to feel warm and welcomed here,even if they are first timers! I love to have people over and just have fun! Our home is also full of baby noises,which I absolutely adore! We hear a thud on the floor and know lil' man is crawling to find us wherever we are. I want Daniel to have the atomsphere I did growing up. A loving mother and father who welcome his friends over and can be a blast to be around. Like I've said and the other ladies, we are to do everything to the glory of God! My home is not mine in reality. It's God. He gave it to us. He really did! After living here for almost a year, our landlord offered us free rent! So it's God home and we want to glorify Him in it.
I'm not that good at decorating. I like to put up pictures,candles out,and some trinkets here and there. I wish I had the creativity that our host Natalie does,wow her home is so pretty! So I may live in an "apartment" to many,but to me it's my home.
How does your home reflect who you are? Don't orget to check out Natalie @ I AM(not). God Bless!!










8 comments:
I love the pictures you shared of your home, and from reading your post, love definitely lives there through Christ. What a wonderful home to have.
YOur home is beautiful, and the beauty of your heart shines through your words. That is most important of all! Thank you for sharing! ;)
Thank you for sharing your home and your heart with us today AT THE WELL. What a beautiful and grateful heart you have. -Blessings, Laurie
Hi Daniel!!
Thank you for stopping by my blog. And thank you for your kind words, that was sweet. I loved this blog, it made me think about a few things. Like how my home needs to be in order, I haven't really been a good stewart of that. My husband is a neat freak, I'm an organizer, I always have organized messes. Silly I know. But you really got me to thank the Lord, for the home He blessed us with. He has really been doing a work in my heart with that. I love what you had said that it's not the home we live but what we do in it. And that totally just convicted me, I had been so worried about what we live instead of looking in the inside and what goes on in it. It needs to be pleasing to God yet fun for the family. Somewhere to make lasting memories. That's what I want my girls to remember.
Thank you soo much for your blog.
God Bless you sister!!
In His Love,
Adrienne
Whoops, I meant hi Heather, not Daniel!!!
So sorry! God Bless you!
adrienne
Whoops and one more thing. I would be tickled pink if you add me too your blog. That's awesome!! Could I add you to mine???
God Bless you!
adrienne your new friend/sister in the Lord
I love the attention to detail you take to create a peaceful atmostphere. The candles, the cooking food, the music...sounds wonderful. I just started doing the same thing with the Word, printing verses and posting them around the house. I love the reminders of God's promises throughout my hectic day, and having them almost memorized is a bonus. I enjoyed the pictures too. What a beautiful post.
Thank you for sharing and for stopping by my blog. Your attitude of stewardship and rightful ownership is refreshing in this sinful and selfish culture in which we live.
Post a Comment