My morning devotion was about exhaustion,fighting,and struggles. I felt the need to share it with ya'll.
Here is the passage Beth used.
15 Moreover the Philistines had yet war again with Israel; and David went down, and his servants with him, and fought against the Philistines: and David waxed faint.
16 And Ishbibenob, which was of the sons of the giant, the weight of whose spear weighed three hundred shekels of brass in weight, he being girded with a new sword, thought to have slain David.
17 But Abishai the son of Zeruiah succoured him, and smote the Philistine, and killed him. Then the men of David sware unto him, saying, Thou shalt go no more out with us to battle, that thou quench not the light of Israel.
II Samuel 21:15-17
She talked about being tired in battle and tired of fighting the same ol' giants. The Hebrew word for exhausted is "uwph" and it means "to cover,to fly,to faint,to flee away". It reminded me of giants I have faced and continue to face. I face the giant of fear. As a child, my father watched scary movies and I watched them too. He was just fascinated with sci-fi movies and flicks. I don't remember watching them,so much at a young age,but boy I do while I was a teen. Those images come back every now and then. At one time, I was so scared I would pray myself to sleep. Fear overtook me and consumed me. I wasn't afraid during the day,but at night is when it set in. The demonic forces of evil that stems from the horror movies are so dangerous and it affected me so much. I literally was scared to walk out to the car at night and when I would close my eyes I would see horrible images. Now, it wasn't all my father's fault. I begin craving the movies. I would watch them and be thinking, what am I doing, I know I'm going to be terrified afterwards! Finally, I realized I did not need to put those movies into my mind. Why put in what terrifies me? I thought that I would battle with this forever.
Once I moved out and declared nothing scary would come across my t.v.,radio,or enter my home I saw what a difference it made in me. I'm not scared to walk around my own home at night or sleep without my husband at home. God has helped me overcome that fear,but sometimes it still arises. I quote scripture and bind the demonic forces in the name of Jesus. They have to flee at the name of Jesus! Sometimes we help bring on giants and other times it's not our fault. If you are facing giants from your past,just remeber that you have the Light of the world in you! Jesus is greater than any struggle or strong hold! In I John 4:4 it says, Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. With the Word you can overcome whatever giant is coming against you.
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: I Peter 5:8 Don't give up! Keep guarding your heart and equipping yourself with the Word! We may never know why some struggles keep reappearing and other times they reappear because we did not get what God was trying to do in us. If you are weary in fighting,come to the Lord. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 You can slay the giant just as David did. Just go to God! Which giants do you need to slay today?
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










2 comments:
Thanks for sharing this devotion with us. I think God brought me here just to read that this morning.
It appears I have a lot of your entries to catch up on. In all my busyness lately, I've fallen way behind on reading blogs.
Love you,
~*Melody*~
Great post! Hey I LOVE your new blog background. xo
Post a Comment