10.26.2008

Remember our persecuted brother and sisters

Nguyen Van Dai





I recieved an email from prisoneralert.com the other day,I'm just now getting around to posting it. Click on the link to read more about the site and "prisoner". I am burdened for the persecuted church and twice monthly I blog about them,maybe more. Below is about this man and where you can go to write him. It's so sad that Christians are done this way! We all should have the right to speak the name of Jesus without persecution. But in reality not all of us can. Jesus even tells us in scripture we will be hated for his name sake. I just wonder sometimes will that type of persecution come to America? Will it be through radical Islam? The hate-crime laws? or what? Anyone else ever wonder that? We all know our nation has not been going up hill,but down hill,which is very sad. Check out Voice of the Martyrs and prisoneralert. It will be well worth your time.


Dear Friends of the Persecuted Church ...

Nguyen Van Dai, a Vietnamese Protestant church leader and lawyer, was sentenced to five years in prison followed by four years of house arrest, in May 2008. We encourage you to write a letter of encouragement to Nguyen and let him know you are praying for him and other persecuted believers in Vietnam. Let your friends know about suffering Christians in Vietnam and encourage them to pray and write as well. Your letters make a difference, sometimes resulting in shorter prison sentences. Write to Nguyen Van Dai today and let him know you are praying for him.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Matthew 5:10-12

3 comments:

Sherrylinn said...

I will be praying for this brother-in-Christ. Thank you for posting these so that we can see and hear about those being persecuted for their faith.

I also want to thank you for the comment on my Thankful Thursday blog, and Praise the Lord for your daddy accepting HIM as his Lord! Hallelu Yah. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.

Kay said...

Thanks for sharing such an important piece of information. It is said that he's being persecuted for his faith. But I personally feel like it's sad for anyone to be persecuted for their faith (Christian or not).

RYC: (on my personal blog) I am SO excited about the puppies! I'm gonna be posting more pictures the more I get!

Joyfull said...

Thank you for sharing. Our prayers will be with the many that are persecuted for their faith.