I have been meaning to blog about the election. If you do not agree with what I say, that is fine, and you can leave notes saying so, as long as they are in a manner that Jesus could read them. Thank you! Many of you do not know me personally,as some others do that I have been friends with for years,but I'm very ultra-conservative.
Like every other year, it is an important election,but it could very well be the most important. I know it is to me and my family. I chose to vote Republican last year and when the Republicans candidates came out this time I had 3 that I really liked. Sam Brownback,Mike Huckabee,and Duncan Hunter. I liked Ron Paul too,they just never gave him much time to explain himself. Out of all of them, those seemed to believe closer to what I believe. It is strange though you couldn't really know what they believed on everything. Like all politicians, they are scared to share their true beliefs, especially if they are Christian beliefs. I watched both party debates and it was always the same answers from each one. Fast forward to when McCain and Obama won the 2 party tickets. I thought well I really don't like everything about McCain and I'm not voting for Obama period. So I was going to vote for McCain,as was my husband In June, we were told about Chuck Baldwin. He is a pastor in Florida and was running on the Constitution Party ticket. I went home and checked out his website and found out he stood exactly where I did on issues. I wasn't so passionate about the economy or global warming as I was passionate about marriage,abortion,and gun control. Chuck Baldwin pastors a church in Pensacola,FL and a guy we grew up with goes to his church His mother told us about his campaign and encouraged us to check him out. My husband liked him,but he thought that Baldwin would never have a chance. From that Saturday in June I heard about Baldwin I purposed in my heart to vote for him. God had been dealing with me about voting for someone who does not hold the same convictions and beliefs I do. Of course, if my husband said I was voting for McCain I would do so. He is my spiritual head and I am to submit to his authority. Though I would not have agreed with his decision or choice, I chose to marry Mike,trusting he could hear from God on what to do. So with that said, Mike told me we would vote for McCain. I started praying that God would open Mike's eyes to what God wanted us to do and not worry about our self-preservation. I did let Mike know that I believe God is concerned with how we vote. McCain is for abortion in instances and he will not vote to ban homosexual marriage. Both of these issues are talked about in scripture and are not condoned by God in any manner. He said he knew that,but he felt his vote would be wasted by voting for Baldwin. I kept on praying to God because I just could not imagine having to vote for McCain,knowing he does not stand on the 2 key issues with me.
A couple of months later Mike said I think you're right and stated we may vote for Baldwin. He was just torn on what to do really. He was looking at Obama vs. McCain on Supreme Court Justices. Knowing Obama would elect very liberal judges and McCain would not elect as liberal judges. It was just picking the lesser of two evils. Mike had not made written in stone we would vote for McCain,but he sure was leaning more towards that idea. I kept praying, God let Mike see what we need to do as children of Yours and this isn't about preserving our flesh. If we perish,we perish! We have to vote how it pleases You. So they announced their V.P. and boy did the people go wild when Sarah Palin was picked by McCain. I thought well McCain may win,but I still do not want to vote for him. It was said she was pro-life and a conservative Christian (not saying she does not know Jesus by any means). I liked what I saw of her,but do not agree with women being in authority over men, in church or otherwise. My husband doesn't either, he said he'd rather McCain/Palin get it than Obama/Biden. I thought,wow that's extreme for my husband. I kept praying the prayer above to God. About 2 or 3 weeks ago my husband told me that he just could not bring himself to vote for McCain or Palin. We'd been doing research and reading up on them both. I also watched the debate between Biden and Palin. I did not like her answer concerning marriage and neither did Mike. I thanked God over and over for showing Mike the way for us to vote! Our vote counts with God too. We are to vote principles,morals,and a way that pleases God. I believed voting for Baldwin expressed Godly values,morals,and would please God. Mike said after much consideration and prayer he felt the same way.
I then came across this blog article from Chelsey and knew we made the right decision. I let my husband read it and then sent it out through email and text to family and friends. I got some opposition from friends because they thought voting for Baldwin is throwing away your vote. Like I said, if you believe that fine. That's your thoughts,not mine. I kindly replied with those words and that I wanted people to be aware of a more Godly man to vote for. Here is an article that addresses the "throw away vote". I have been praying for people to see how God wants them to vote. I do realize that Obama or McCain will more likely get it,but I'm still voting my morals and values as a Christian. God allows certain things to take place to fulfill prophecy and because we do live in a fallen world. I just secretly wonder how can one vote for even McCain when he does not stand where true Christians should stand on key issues.
I belief marriage is ordained of God and intended to be between one man and one woman. Some people say that homosexuals marrying do not demean their marriage. That doesn't matter, it is an abomination to God. Bottom line. I believe life begins at conception. A fertilized egg is a baby and it is not to be killed in the womb or out of the womb. Murder is a sin. Those issues are very vital today. As we see Innocent babies have been murdered since 1973 and marriage is now under attack.
I just wanted to introduce him to those who may not know about him and don't want to vote for the "lesser of two evils". So I really,strongly encourage everyone to check him out.
Whom will your house serve? And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:15
Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.
Psalm 26:1
Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.
Psalm 96:13
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
I Corinthians 10:31
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










7 comments:
Wow... I didn't even know about this guy... I'll have to check him out!! But one thing is for SURE... I will NOT be voting for Obama. I explained more on my blog last week...
I found your blog through the Joyfully Living Blog Roll... and I am so excited to find other Christian women to share with...
Off to read more of your blog...
I have to give a hearty AMEN! Thank you for sharing your heart so fully. We have been torn about this election from the start. We really liked Huckabee but when that went south we were lost as to who to vote for. Of course Obama is out of the question but like you said even McCain and Palin aren't standing for the "important" issues. I went and checked out the website you provided and sent the link of Chuck Baldwin to my husband. If he approves I will be sending out that link to many other people. Thank you for your voice and may God bless the decision that you make this November.
Blessings to you.
Kim
Amen, amen and amen!!!! Of course you knew I already felt that way! :) Ha! Wonderful post and good for y'all for standing firm in what you believe in!
Hi. This is my first exposure to your blog and I wanted to say thank you. At times in the past I've voted for third party candidates because of exactly what you've stated... but recently I'd found myself caught up in the idea that I must get behind one of the two major party candidates. Thank you for the reminder that my number one priority is to vote in obedience to God, not to vote for who I think has a good chance of winning.
Thank you for sharing your views. I will check out the site. The most important thing is for us to cover this election in prayer! So glad to hear you are voting your heart and values. I will be posting a weekly prayer for our electons, please come back and visit!
By the way, I also wanted to thank you for prompting new thoughts regarding submission to my husband. I whole-heartedly believe God at His word that we are to submit to our husbands but working out the details gets cloudy in this world. You provided me some food for thought in discussing submission in the context of voting.
Nice blog. I do think Christians should be more concerned about the environment though. I mean, yes gay marriage and abortion are hot button choices for a lot of people ... but didn't God tell us to be good stewards of this Earth? He left it in our hands to watch over and care for ... and well we've done a pretty crappy job. I just don't understand why this seems to be a moot point with (most) conservatives and a good many Christians. I mean as far as gay marriage and abortion ... God made us with free will. I'm not saying it's right, but ultimately I think it's the persons choice and laws like that really make the separation of church and state non-existent.
I'm not trying to argue or anything. Just friendly discussion :) I still don't know who I'm voting for.
Post a Comment