I'm little late for Thankful Thursday,but I wanted to still post. I had my Mother down all day and just got back from visiting with my brother and his family. Iris is talking about special friendships this week. I am thankful for our special friendships. We were actually visiting some very special friends last night. I guess I'll talk about some of the special friends in my life,there aren't many,but it's the quanity that counts.
My Mother,Bhrenda, is a special friend to me. She's also been there for me through the thick and thin. She has always told me the truth,no matter if I liked it or not. She inspires me and encourages me still to this day.
My sister,Haley, is a special friend too. We've been through a lot together. We have fought,cried,laughed,and even ministered together. We both are married with baby boys now. She always has my back(ha!) so to say.
I went to college with a group of awesome girls (who were in the dorm) and they are special to me. Allison,Enna,Claire,Chrystal,Robyn(sis-in-law),Jade, and Sonya. They all inspired me and motivated me in different ways. We're all doing our own things now,but still the memories are there.
My husband and I were a part of a ministry before we even started dating called Friendship Youth Ministry. Those people who were a part of that are so awesome! Oh we had some amazing devotions and some fun volleyball games. Most of us are married with children now or have moved to other states. We do still keep close contact with the family whom house we met at. Those are very unique people. Ms. Rachel,Brian,and Amy (and her family) are such encouragement and inspiration. They are so in love with Jesus and so on fire for the Lord. We love spending time with them,which we do a lot.
My husband is also a special friend. He is my best friend and my love. He rebukes me,loves me,cherishes me,adores me,encourages me,inspires me, you name it! I love that man so much!! God really knew what He was doing by not letting me marry another guy I was engaged too because Mike is perfect for me.
I have many internet friends also. Wow, I've been keeping in touch with some of them for 5 or 6 years. Many of them I met at Teen Open Diary and followed to Bloop Diary. Adrian,Melody,Melissa,Erika,Jess,Christina,Cynthia,Nicole,Stefanie,Vanessa,Heather,and many more. They are amazing! We've been there for one another even if we all live in different states. I love them dearly!
So I'm thankful God let me have those friends and I pray I can be to others,what they are to me. Go over to Grace Alone by Iris for more on thankfulness.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Colossians 3:16
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










5 comments:
Bless you and your precious heart for others.
You're such a sweet person, Heather.
So much to be thankful for and I'm so glad I dropped by to visit you today!
It's never to late to be thankful. I love seeing your heart and your admiration for your husband.
Blessings to you.
Kim
There is so many things & people to be thankful for. :) I'm thankful for you too Heather. :)
Post a Comment