10.06.2008

At the Well-Keepers at Home

It's time At the Well! I love Monday mornings! I pray you'll join us and head over to Chesley's blog at Joyfully Living for His Glory after you're done reading my post. Chelsey is talking about being keepers of our home. She had some great insight and great tips for us! Here are the questoins she posed to us.


Let' s get a little vulnerable here ladies - do you keep a neat and tidy home?
I'm having to learn how to with a 8 month old crawling baby and a not so neat freak husband. I try my best,but I want to do better.

If so, what do you do to keep on top of this? Schedules? Routines?If you have children at home, do they get involved? I really don't have a schedule or routine. I just start with the dishes first,then the remainder of the kitchen,and go from there. Daniel usually is taking things out instead of putting them up!

If you are lacking in this area, why do you think that is? Some days I lack because I just want to rest or relax while Daniel naps. Other times I lack because I just sit down to play with Daniel or spend time with my husband.


That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Titus 2:4-5

I love taking care of our home,it is a delight! When I lived with my parents,I helped around the house a lot! I loved it,but now that this is my house it's even better! I always like my dishes washed and my bed made. When those 2 things are done I feel much better about my home. Chelsey gave a good tip. She said stand at your front door and look through the eye's of company and I am going to start doing this! Living in a 840 sq. ft. apartment, it can get cluttered easy and things just laid here or there. I do a run through before my husband comes home and pick up toys off the floor,another tip from Chelsey.

It is hard to do with children,especially small infants,but if you can find one or two things that you think makes the house look better when cleaned and get it tidy it will make a world of difference. For instance, I like the dishes done,the bed made,the table cleaned off,and the bar area clean. So I get those done so if I get caught up in taking care of Daniel,then the house does like decent. We don't have much company at all and my husband actually likes a some-what messy house ha! I am the one who cannot stand it though! We are to do everything,as we are doing it unto the Lord. So keeping our homes tidy,not perfect (because like Chelsey said we live there) is service to the Lord.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
I Corinthians 10:31

Check out Chelsey's blog @ Joyfully Living for His Glory . God bless!

5 comments:

Joyfull said...

The days with young babies can be hectic and housecleaning does (and should) take a lesser priority. Glad that you are enjoying them and having fun with them! I like the ideas of keeping the main parts of the home clean, that is my line of defense in cleaning! Thanks for sharing today.

Sunny Shell said...

Thanks for joining us At the Well today sister!

And yes, I agree with you, keeping our homes is truly a joy and gift from God! I LOVE being a housewife!

Bless you dear one,
Sunny

LAURIE said...

Enjoy the babies while they are little. Do the best you can and keep the important things important! Thanks for sharing with us AT THE WELL today!

Sunny Shell said...

Hi Heather!

I'm updating my email addresses and was wondering if I could have yours. God is really growing our study and I wanted to be able to shoot everyone an email whenever I have an announcement to make re: the study.

I look forward to hearing from you! You can just email me through the study with your email address. :-)

Bless you sister,
Sunny

Jen said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for visiting my blog. :) It is good to "meet" you. I have enjoyed reading your post on keeping the home. I look forward to getting to know you better through the bible study.