It has been so cold this past week and I just love it! None of us have been sick this past week and we're all better,thank You Lord. I hope every one's week and weekend has been good. Ours has been very good despite some bumps in the road. I just can't believe it's almost Christmas Day! I love the cold weather! It was very cold early in the week and our hometown in Mississippi even got a little snow. So did the North part of Mississippi in Jackson,Laurel,and Hattiesburg I know. That is just crazy! The deep south never gets much snow,well not in Mississippi,Alabama,or Louisiana-they also got snow! Mike was working all week except Friday. He was doing a detail with the FAP team. He really enjoyed. They strictly look for drugs on the highways,but can still write tickets like a regular road Trooper. We've been praying about if that is a change we need to make. After working with them this week, he feels that it is and so do I. It's more family oriented and laid back in a way as far as time. I know that doesn't make sense,but you'd just have to hear it in person when I explained it. So when another position comes open he's going to put in for it. We'll both be relieved. There was a spot open back in May of this year,but we just didn't feel it was time to go that way yet. It was hard saying no because we were just really battling somethings. We do feel release now and God willing he'll get on when it's His timing. My husband is a very patient man when it comes to making decisions. Sometimes I get annoyed because I think he isn't moving fast enough,but most of the time he is led by the Spirit and is right about not jumping the gun. We balance each other out so much,it's really neat!
We got our truck back Monday and the heater works wonderfully! It put us over a little with our account,but it was needed. My Mother and sister came to visit me this week too. It was nice. I miss living so close to them. My sister and I used to be inseparable. Oh the memories we have! We had a good time. We went to a shoe store,Big Lots,and to get a donut at Krispy Kreme. It was short,but fun. While he was working and Daniel was napping I started wrapping Christmas presents. I absolutely love doing this! Oh I love Christmas time so much! It's just something about the air,don't ya agree? The warmth,family coming together,and celebrating Jesus' birth! This is my most favorite time of the year!! I even wrapped while Daniel was awake and he just played,of course I was on the bar wrapping or else he would have ripped the paper to pieces. I put on some Christmas music,baked cookies,and wrapped presents. Daniel had fun watching me dance and sing. He loves music,so he was having a blast! I love singing the Christmas songs,not just the "fun" ones,but the serious ones. I mean, if it were not for Jesus' birth where would we be? He could not have lived a perfect,sinless life. He could have not been crucified on the cross. He could have not been raised to life again. So we would be in essence hopeless and hell bound. I praise God for his birth. I know that it isn't written in stone that Jesus was born on December 25 and there isn't a way to know the exact day,but it is the day Christians have put aside to celebrate it. So me and my family will do so! I cannot wait to teach Daniel all about Jesus and what the real meaning of Christmas is. It is not about getting,but giving. I just can't wait!
Friday Mike had off so I washed some laundry and then we took a little trip. We attempted to go across the bay again. We made it this time without Daniel being sick! We went to Bass Pro Shop. Oh that place is amazing! Daniel loved all the animals and the aquarium. There were some major fish in that tank! We had a good time. This coming week is our date day! Oh I am so excited!! Our plans have not been set in stone yet. We may go to Belengrath Gardens, the Magee Farm,or make a trip to Hattiesburg,MS. It's about 2 1/2 hours away,but we love it there. When we were dating, we went there a lot,since my college isn't far from there. We'll see. I'll be sure to let ya know how it went. Onto other things. I only have a few more gifts to get next week and all the shopping will be done. I've got everything that I've bought wrapped and under the tree. I also found some recipes for Christmas Day at the families. I found a Pecan Pie and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Peanut Butter Pie. Oh yum! I cannot wait to make them. I have a Sugar cookie,Peanut Butter cookie,and Oatmeal cooking recipe too. I want to decorate the Sugar cookies and use my cookie cutters. I want Christmas to also be a fun time for Daniel and we will make it fun for sure! Yesterday I went shopping with my MIL and SIL's. We had a blast and always do! I didn't buy anything,but they were doing some shopping. They found Daniel a rocking horse. He loves those things and it's the only big thing he'll be getting. Nana bought him a couple of shirts and a pair of cute shoes too,but for now. Oh and I found a new love! Pretzel sticks! Oh I hate pretzels,but these cinnamon pretzel sticks were too die for! Robyn bought some and let me have one,I was hooked after that. I also found out I love stir fry! I cooked it last week and fell in love. Although Mike doesn't like it that much,I do and I'll cook it for myself. It's easy and simple. Daniel liked the vegetables in it. Well, this was just some rambling. I must go fix supper and play with Daniel. Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










5 comments:
Sounds like a good weekend indeed! I hope a spot opens up for Mike with the FAP thing soon :)
I'm jealous of your snow, here in Ohio it's been 50 degrees which is just craziness!
I didn't realize you lived in Mississippi. My dad lives near Tupelo. They are over the road truck drivers so they weren't home to see the snow. I can't wait to hear about your date. Sounds like fun. And I will be praying about the job. Hopefully an opening will come soon.
Take care my friend!
I pray you have a great week!
Hi!!
I love reading your blog, it's so cute and I love the bloglift. The wisemen are one of my favorites this year, well Jesus is my first. Anyway, thank you for sharing about your life. You inspire me to want to share more about mine!
God Bless you!
Adrienen
I love snow. It doesn't snow that much "up" here in SC either. I miss my hometown because we got more snow then they do around here :( Anyway there is an award waiting at my blog for you ;)
Hey Daniel's mom! I just wanted to stop by and say I'm so glad that i met you in blogging this year. I hope to get to know you and the others who visit my blog more in 2009.
May the Lord bless you as you continue to worship and serve Him,
Sheila
Post a Comment