I rarely write about what I struggle with. I blame it on not wanting to look ungrateful to others or because they may want what I have,but don't have it. I am very grateful for things in my life,but sometimes my life is hard,harder than what I think it should. And that goes back to my small mind-ness. Anyways. I'm just thinking tonight and felt like writing. It's so hard to be raw and open,but when I see some of you do it, it helps me.
My husband's job can be so stressful at times. It keeps him tired and with the new 8 hour days cutting into the used-to-be 3 or 4 off days. I've mentioned before that he is a Highway Patrolman,State Trooper, or State Police(some states call them). A lot of people really don't know what their jobs are like. They have one of the highest divorce rates and no I'm not even contemplating divorce,just stating the fact. Each department is run differently. When he first moved over here the scheduling wasn't so bad. After a year almost they switched them from 10 hour to 8 hour days. The hour part is good,but also with good comes the bad. He used to have 3 or 4 days off,but now it's 1 or 2 days off. Without Daniel it wasn't as bad,but now it's bad. Some days I'm just so sick of his job and others I'm not. God uses him at his job though. I know God has us in this field for a purpose,but it's still hard sometimes. I just long for the day when we are doing something more productive,or what I think is more productive. And the *I* word can get ya in lots of trouble,so that's why I have to remind myself that God is working and has our future mapped out how HE wants it. I am assured of that because of what Jeremiah 29:11 says, For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Law Enforcement families truly do go through a lot and sacrifice a lot. It's too sad most are looked at as jerks. They're human like everyone else. They can be rude or jerky at times,but it's like with Christians,they're not all that way. It's a very dangerous job too,very. Mike loves it though. I am very proud of his job and how he conducts himself,but it can just be tiring. Much like I've heard many say full time ministry can be.
We still struggle with money. I'm not sure what we're doing wrong. It's not too much of an issue because we both were not rich by any means growing up. Of course there are times that I wish I could do more,but it's not something I am stressed over. I know it does bother Mike though. I know he doesn't provide for me like he wishes he could. I have no complaints though. We have a home,food,clothes,and we get to spend on somethings we want. This has become our life verse, But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
This I know most of you can relate too and for those who cannot, this is why I do not like to talk about it. I don't want to sound ungrateful at all. It is really tough being a Mother. Wow. I never knew it would be this tough. Then again I talk to some Moms and it's a breeze for them. Daniel is a high needs child. It's not a disorder or anything like that. Dr. Sears explains it like this: They need more attention from parents,more guidance in play,more of everything,but sleep that is. Wow, when I read that sentence I was relieved that there are other babies like Daniel Paul. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. When I was around my nieces at Daniel's age, they were nothing like this and that's all I had to compare too. He's a live wire. I'm constantly on the go. He doesn't like to be still for half a second. ha! My Mother said I was the exact same way. Of course he hasn't always been that way,but once he hit about 7 months wow. Life really changed. I love him so much! I am not complaining,just admitting that I struggle. Sometimes I just don't know how to handle him or how to just wind him down. Thankfully, he's started to go to bed at a decent hour,wakes up throughout the night,but that's normal. Some days it's all I can do to eat,shower,and brush my teeth. Though I know I am doing a lot of things that my SIL didn't do and even my sister isn't doing that is looked at more sacrificial on my part. I'll do anything for that child though. I guess all first time Moms just feel overwhelmed and not really confident all the time,or maybe just all Moms do?
Then it's the big one. I'm scared out of my wits to have another baby. Can I handle the pain again? Can I handle another child? I'm going to attempt a VBAC. I say attempt because that's all I can do. I can't control birth,I tried that with Daniel and well it didn't work too well. God knows what will happen and that's all I can put my trust in. But I'm such a wimp and all. It was only God I made it through 42 hours of labor! I quoted scripture over and over. Particularly, 2 because well that's all my mouth could get out ha! Those contractions were pretty intense. I'm just scared. I guess all women are. I talk to some who are not scared at all and are so confident. The lady who was my Doula has 7 kids and she's open to more always. I love watching big families,but I stress too quickly. I flip out too fast. We are by no means stopping anything God wants. I'm not on birth control (the medication) and well we get intimate when we want too pretty much. I try to chart my fertility because I would like to know when I'm fertile and ovulate,but we don't not get intimate because I may be fertile. Sorry TMI! I'm just scared. I don't want another C-section,it's safer for me not to have another one. I'm reading a great book about VBAC deliveries and it is helping,but I am still scared.
So there ya go. Some stuff I am thinking about right now or pretty lately. I know God knows this all and He has it all in His hands. Thankfully, throughout my pregnancy God taught me to really trust Him with all things. It was so hard,but I learned a little bit and am still learning. So just keep me and us in your prayers. God Bless!
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










10 comments:
You should never apologize for sharing your heart. Even though my babies are all grown up now, I can sympathize with you - with the no time with your hubby, to a stressful job, to having no money. Been there - done that, as the saying goes. But I can tell you that it gets better and it is SO worth the sacrifices to be with your son - for it will be a split second and he will be in school and then another split second and he will be leaving for college.
Oh to have another baby or not? Been there too. Put it in Gods hands and He will work it out. I always wondered, after the first baby...how could I love another baby as much as this one...but God always filled my heart with over abundance of love for each one and we ended up with four!
Sharing your heart and your concerns and your fears may seem like therapy for you but often times I find that it ministers to someone that you may not be aware of that is going thru the exact same thing. God will use you and use your blog for this very thing.
Chin up and I pray a very special peace to come over you tonight. -Blessings, Laurie
Dear Heather! You are just being transparent and sometimes it is hard but very theraputic at the same time. I have allowed myself to be open before everyone and you'd be surprise at who all can relate to you and offer words of encouragement and wisdom.
My husband is a part-time police officer and by that, I mean...he works a full time job that pays the bills and works part-time at night for the police department. He worked Sat, Sun, got called in last night and they called him again today...so that is where he is tonight as well. He gets up at 5:30 AM to work his regular job, comes home, changes clothes, goes to the police department till midnight, home to bed and does it again the next day.
I don't see how full-time officers live on what they get paid for putting their lives on the line everyday, serving and protecting us. Pet peeve of mine...something that I didn't know or understand before but I do now. So, girl, I know what you are talking about first hand.
As for the pregnancy, VBAC...been there and done that too. My first son was breech and I ended up with a C-Section. I felt like a failure and that I got robbed because it wasn't anything like I wanted it to be. Then 8 years later when I got re-married and pregnant again...I told my doctor/boss that I wanted to VBAC because I wanted to experience the entire birth that all my friends talked about. He induced me and I labored all day only to end up with another C-Section by night. You will have to read my experience in my archives...somewhere between March and May. By that time, I was scared to death that Tyler was going to die due to his heartrate and my blood pressure. I welcomed another C-Section then. After it was all over with...my doctor told me that my pelvis was too small and I would never have delivered him vaginally regardless of the heartrate and blood pressure.
We have a lot in common. Just remember...never apologize for being "real" and sharing your heart. You are touching lives when you are "real" and let people see that you are hurting. We can and will lift each other up in the bloggy world. Heather, know that I will be praying for you and your family.
God bless you!!! If you ever want to chat in private...email me. My address is under my profile. I will always lend a listening ear. Take one day at a time.
((hugs))
Jenn
Lifting you up in prayer today, Heather. May God give you peace in your spirit and a joyful day. I put you on my prayer list that I keep on my desk of my bloggy friends...I will call your name out before the Lord many times during the day.
Thank you so much for the awards...I will get them posted by this weekend.
((hugs))
Jenn
Heather! Don't apologize for your thoughts or feelings, this is your blog sweetie. I think everything you wrote is totally normal. While I can't relate to the being married to an officer, I can relate to the struggle. I know I'm not providing the kind of life I would like for my daughters. Not even close! But I am thankful that we are blessed to have the things we do because so many are less forunate.
As far as having another baby, I was scared when I found out about Rylee. And she is a live wire as well. She can play by herself and such, but if I let her play by herself she always gets into things she shouldn't. She keeps me on my toes. At the end of the day I am always exhausted. I feel bad for Emma because Rylee takes up so much of my time, along with school and work. You are lucky that you get so much time with Daniel.
I think you are a great person. But I like when you share your doubts and fears, because to me it just shows how much you trust in the Lord despite all that, and that is amazing!
I'll be praying for you dear.
xx - Hollie
I am so glad that you decided to share like this. You are 100% correct that you are not the only one who feels like this at times about various issues. I don't think there is a single sentiment that you expressed that I haven't felt at one point or another (because, yes, even my son, my firstborn, was/is definitely high needs).
Rather than respond to individual matters of concern, I just want to remind you of two things: 1)for everything there is a season. Work, finances, being a homemaker, childbirth... those are all concerns which seems so massive right now but God is actively working in them and through them and at some point you'll look around and realize that He resolved it or simply brought you peace. Don't listen to the lies of the enemy that you have to figure out an answer today or else the wondering and stress will destroy everything. And 2)seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. You know this - it's obvious in your blogs and even in this particular blog. But we all need to hear sometimes the truth that God cares more about these details than we think we do and He is going before you and hemming you in behind.
I pray that we will have more opportunities to encourage one another in the shared struggle that this life brings.
I think it's wonderful that you wrote this post. It's so encouraging to see you raw and vulnerable, since sometimes we as Christians have a tendency to put on a front that everything is "okay". There's a huge difference between being real and honest, and complaining. And you were definitely real and honest - nothing like complaining. Thanks for baring your heart like this, and allowing us to be moved by it, as well as learn from it. *hug*
I'm glad you wrote this too. It's good to show our struggles. You're right - most of it is not "new" to many people - but it doesn't change the fact that it's hard.
Keep pressing on. You're doing great. I so admire your faith in God and your willingness to cling to His word.
You're right. Many other people are struggling too. But that doesn't make your struggle any less important in God's eye. You are still His daughter and He cares for you deeply. Just continue to lean on Him. He will see you through.
Don't ever feel like you can't share. That's what we're here for. (I mean we all know I don't mind sharing, ahem, I mean confessing;)
I know the days and nights are long with a little one. Do you have any family that can keep him for an afternoon, so you can get out by yourself? That would be a big help.
I will be praying for you. God will work out each situation in due time. Hang in there my friend!
I appreciate your honesty - it is encouraging to hear that others struggle when sometimes you feel like the only one. None of what you talked about it easy; I guess that's part of what makes it so worth it.
There are days I question every.single.thing I do - and there are calm easy days that make it easier to forget about those hard days. There are days I would love a bunch of kids and days I wonder how I'll manage with even one. There are days I wonder how we're going to make it through the next few years and days it's easy to trust in God's provision.
Mike it blessed to have a found a wife who will stick by him in such a difficult job. It must be hard for you, especially with Daniel.
Thank you for sharing your heart with us.
Everybody has hard times, and everyone get's to a point like you are right now. I think it's great that you wanted to share about yourself! It's hard to open up, I know. It's not my favorite thing to do either. Anyway I just want to say it's okay to be overwhelmed. Just as long as you don't stay that way all the time, you'll be fine ;)
Post a Comment