As Titus 2 Women, we are called to teach live our lives reverently and teach what is good. The result of that teaching is that the younger ladies will be subject to their husbands. Life in the this day and age doesn't make all God's commands easy to follow. Let's dispel some myths and see if we are living a life that honors God and teaches other women to subject to their husbands At the Well this week.
These are the questions she poses to us this Monday:
- Would others view you as being subject to your husband?
- Does the phrase "being subject to your husband" bring to mind positive or negative thoughts?
- Do you find being subject to your husband an easy command to obey or a hard one to follow?
- How can you teach other women to be subject to their husbands?
Would others view you as being subject to your husband? I hope they would. I often make comments to family and friends on how Mike is my head and he gets the final say so in our decisions. I also always tell people that I trust Mike to hear from our Father about decisions,life,and things in general,that's one of the reasons I married him. But actually going through with my words is more effective than saying them. I would pray they see my actions and would be able to say I submit and obey my husband. Some ladies have complimented me on submitting to Mike,even when I don't really agree with him.
Does the phrase "being subject to your husband" bring to mind positive or negative thoughts? Truly, positive thoughts. I've never thought negatively of that,even before I was even engaged to Mike. I saw my Mother be subject to my Father and it seemed second nature in many ways. I also obeyed my father and your relationship with your father will affect the one with your husband. I believe it will also affect your relationship with the Lord. If you trust your earthly Father it may be easier to trust your husband and the Lord.
Do you find being subject to your husband an easy command to obey or a hard one to follow? I think we all can answer easy if we aren't in disagreement with our husband or don't mind doing what he asks. But for me it seems hard when I really don't think we should do this or that; or when I see nothing wrong with my view of something. For example: I was watching this new reality show on the Gospel Music Channel. It was based around the Revolve music tour and it's members. Mike watched it a couple of times with me,but after that he asked me not to watch it anymore. He said it was nothing more than a Christian soap opera. I was not happy about it at first. I thought it's not a soap opera. It hasn't got the worldly things in it. It's just taping of their life on the road as speakers at the concerts. I watched one more episode anyways and then I stopped even though I wasn't happy about it. Some would say it was silly of me to even stop because I have a free will. Yes, I do have one. Everyone does. I felt the need to not do it if he asked me not too. I too at first thought, I'm crazy for not still watching it and he's crazy for asking me not too. I guess I take it very serious,even about little things. For the most part,it's easy though. I'm just learning not to have the last word about somethings,it's hard,but I must not have the last word.
How can you teach other woman to be subject to their husbands? I think I can show them by example mostly. It's easy to say you will do this or that,but actually doing it makes the difference. This I am learning too. When they talk about not agreeing with something said or a decision made by their husband, I can encourage them to trust him. I can share with them the Word of God,that no one can dispute against. I'm learning too and it's so nice to know women who have the same desire. So thank you to all who do!
Don't forget to check out Laurie Ann's blog @ A Magnolia's Heart Beats.










7 comments:
Absolutely awesome post! I love the example you gave in submitting to your husband on the tv show issue. We had that crop up in our marriage. I used to watch this really violent show, well, not violent but greusome (sp?). My husband is very weak-stomached and for me it was a small part of the show, either that or I just got used to it. When he asked me to stop watching it I did, because I realized that when I was watching it he could hardly walk through the room! Poor him! But I was willing to do it because when he's back and forth working on projects or wants to sit down a second to chat with me, why should he have to watch it? And it wasn't good for me as well...
I agree with Laurie Ann. God made our husbands to be our earthly covering from Satan's very schemey deceptive ways. Soap operas are soap operas, Christian or not. 1 Cor. 10:23-24. It's just about sitting around watching other people live their lives rather than living our own. What an incredible protection God provided for you sweet one! God is so awesome! :-)
Tell Mike, "way to go, head of the household!" And tell your mom thanks too, for providing you with such a godly example of what a biblically submissive wife looks like.
Thanks for joining us "At the Well" today and sharing the wonderful heritage your mom has shared with you! What a gift! :-)
Bless you sweet sister,
Sunny
Great comments today on this subject of submission. I liked how you shared your personal testimony of the tv reality show. This reminds me of how even when we disagree we need to be submissive so as to not allow the enemy a entrance way into our marriage and relationship. Thanks for coming to the well today! -Blessings, Laurie
Great post. What a blessing you are learning, and an example you are setting. You are honoring your husband by your submission, and you are honoring God as well. Amen, sister!
Great post my friend! It's wonderful that you saw correct Bibilical submission lived out in your parent's marriage. It established a solid foundation for you to build your marriage upon. What a blessing!
Seeing submission lived out truly is the best way. And we need to encourage each other --so true. Loved hearing your testimony of submission.
It's me again! I am giving you an award on my blog. I hope you enjoy it! Have a great day my friend!
Post a Comment