2.09.2010

Thankful Thursday-Love


Welcome to Thankful Thursday! I pray you all are having a blessed one! I'm a little tired,but thankful for life! Iris @ Grace Alone shares with us about God's love today. Stop by her blog and check it out!

Do you know God's love? Have you ever felt God's love? As I did my Bible study this morning, the verses all pertained to God being faithful and true. I thought about God's forgiveness and love. He loves us so much that He wants what is best for us. He has laws,boundaries,commandments-whatever you would like to call them- that He has for our own good because He loves us. I love the verse in I John 4: that says he loved us first that's why we love. Amazing isn't it? We would not know love if it not for God,not true and perfect love. I John 4:19,We love him, because he first loved us.

He also loves us so much that when we ask forgiveness of our sin, He will forgive us. No matter how many sins you have, God will forgive you if you ask. That just boggles my small mind. I love this verse also in I John 1:9,If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I am so glad that we have such a loving,forgiving,caring God. You cannot escape His love or His forgiveness. I don't think our small minds will ever grasp that in it's fullness.

Ponder on God's love today and all that is offers!!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I think we could spend a lifetime thinking and learning of Gods love and still not understand all that it is. I enjoyed your post!