This is a new study the ladies At the Well have started. It's really great so far! I sat here doing it with one baby in my lap and a toddler behind me on the floor mimicking a dinosaur. Very interesting,to say the least. I want to do this study so bad and really understand God more,so bear with me! This is one day late,but I'm actually not behind on the study.
So first I'll introduce myself. I'm Heather and I live in South Alabama. I have been married for 3 years to my awesome husband. We have 2 little boys,Daniel Paul (2) and Michael Aaron (15 weeks). I love being a wife and a mother. It's two of the most rewarding and challenging callings in life, I believe. I stay at home with our 2 cute boys,while my husband works outside of the home providing for us. His job is also rewarding and very challenging. I love the Lord very much! He's been overly good to me and gracious to me. I am passionate about the woman's role as God intended it,about my marriage with my husband,about my children, about living as God desires us to live,and many other things. I pray to become closer to God through this study and see all the many different personalities of God.
Now, onto the discussion question: Who is God to you?
That's a pretty deep and thought provoking question. Hmm... God to me is a friend,someone I can always talk too. He is my Provider,of all my needs-no matter how big or small they are. God is my Comforter,no matter the situation that arises. Sometimes thinking how big God is can make you feel so small. He is SO much all in one being. There are days when I feel like God is not coming to rescue me in my struggles and a lot times He does not. I tend to think He should rescue me in all my struggles,but truthfully He won't and isn't supposed too. He showed me this morning as I was doing the study something that I hope will help me daily. If I always came to my children's aid and they never struggle a little bit, how strong would they be? How they ever know how to work it out themselves and with the help of God? They would never grow in themselves and in God. That's how God is with me. If He always came to my rescue right when I called,how would I ever grow in Him? How would I gain muscle through the struggle, if there was no struggle? We all have those days where we do feel God is not near us,but He is there. There's a song that I love,but can't seem to find it. It talks about God not being late,but right on time. It's a Southern Gospel song about Lazarus and the sisters thinking how could God wait until he was dead to come? God knows when to come to our aide. He is our Refuge in our time of trouble. I love Him and pray I can learn to love Him more!
I hope I can link this up right too! Let me know if I did,someone!










6 comments:
Hi fellow ;-) Heather!!
You've linked up perfectly to the study...
It's great to read your thoughts (no) your opinion of who God is to you! I could sit & talk to you so much about how He's rescued me... and then left me - protected me while I figured out what it was He wanted me to do & even when I did it my way (and even the times I didn't see the protection until WAY after the fact). I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm so excited to see where Jenifer takes us on this journey! So glad too that you could join us; Hugs & Prayers, Heather Lyn
Great thoughts! It's wonderful to know that God is always there. Thank you for that great reminder today. Take care my friend!
I am just beginning to see more aspects of God as He reveals Himself to me. One thing after I became a mother was that I could understand how the Father sees me as His child - just as I see my sons. xo
Heather, I am so thrilled that you will be joining us as we get to know God in more real and intimate ways!!
I'm curious...where is South Alabama are you (if you want to share)? My husband and I lived in the Dothan area for about six years before moving to North Carolina.
I so agree with your statement, "If He always came to my rescue right when I called,how would I ever grow in Him? How would I gain muscle through the struggle, if there was no struggle?" Those times of testing and trials in our lives do develop within us a character of endurance and perseverance; those times strengthen us and prepare us for what God has called us to. Though they may be hard, there is definitely purpose in them.
If you have any questions or comments from week 1 be sure to email me by Friday, Feb. 12th at jenifer@byhisgraceministry.com
Again, welcome!! I look forward to getting to know you more over the weeks to come and can't wait to see what God does in each of our lives.
By His Grace,
Jenifer
Heather, your thoughts on who God is were wonderful! It can be so hard to struggle, but if we keep our eyes on the Lord we know that it is only going to strengthen us in the end.
Also thank you for the comment you left on my post on "To Raise Them Up" At The Well today.
I look forward to getting to know you better over the next few weeks as we grow in Christ together!
Post a Comment