2.03.2010

To Raise Them Up


I'm glad to be back At the Well and hopefully can contribute some to what the wonderful host ladies have to share with us! Today is about our children and Amy has a wonderful post about our children reflecting us.

Daniel is 2 now and he's so full of life! He very much picks up on more than half of what I do. If I'm brushing my teeth,he grabs his toothbrush and pretends to brush his. If I'm putting on shoes,he runs and gets his in an attempt to put his on. If I raise my voice at him, he usually raises his back in an attempt to tell me why he is doing what he is doing. It's amazing really how we have such an opportunity to pour good,honorable things into our children at such a young age. We were at a concert when Daniel was just 13 months old and my SIL was raising her hands in worship while holding Daniel. I looked over at him and he was doing the same thing.

We,as Mothers, have such a big task on our hands to teach our children in the ways of the Lord. I pray I can put in my 2 boys at a young age the likeness of God. It says in Proverbs 22:6, Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Notice it says child. It is amazing what children to learn and hold onto their whole lives. When Daniel is not in the best mood, maybe I should check my mood and see what it is like. Stop by At the Well and check out the sharing of God's Word!

God Bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so true! And it's so easy to forget just how much our children pick up on.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Our children mimic what we do - the good, the bad and the ugly!! Challenging hey? Thank God for His grace though. xo

Joyfull said...

So very true!! What great inspiration for us moms to watch our attitudes and actions. I'm a little behind, but congratulations on another beautiful baby boy! He is adorable!