2.22.2010

At the Well- Who Is God To You?

Welcome to the Well today! I am loving this study! Stop by At the Well and join us as Jenifer at By His Grace leads us in our study.

Discussion Question: How comforting is it to know God is with you, through the good and bad times, always protecting you and always loving you?

Well, I can certainly say I've been through some hard times through my 27 years of living (yes just celebrated my 27th on Saturday). As I sat in our '97 Ford pick-up last night waiting for our neighbor to pick me up because the truck wouldn't crank,I was thinking why God? I had to remind myself if not for the hard times then I would not know His goodness. I have lost 2 Grandfathers,1 Grandmother,1 Great-Grandfather,1 Great-Grandmother,1 cousin,1 uncle,and several close friends. Death is something,no matter the person's stance on eternity, that is hard. But to know I serve someone higher than myself who is always with me is indescribable,as Chris Tomlin sings. To know I can grow through the hard times with God's help is assuring.

And I can say I've definitely had some good times. I used to be on a drama team and boy did we have some fun,but also got to see God move. I was in college for 3 years and made awesome friends and had to chance to minister to some young ladies. Then, I married my best friend and that was an awesome day. Now, we have 2 boys and though it's not always easy, getting a hug from Daniel or a smile from Aaron is more than my heart can handle. It's comforting to know God had my life planned before I was even born. He knows the intricate details of my being! How can that not comfort you? So be comforted today God is there no matter what the circumstance is! He is the I AM! Be blessed!

9 comments:

Kerri said...

The tough stuff is really when we do see His goodness. I am so glad we have our Immanuel when we hit the tough stuff, can you imagine how tough it would be without Him??

Anonymous said...

"He knows the intricate details of my being! How can that not comfort you?"

Amen!!

Love the new look too :)

Ashley Wells said...

Very great thoughts, and truly indescribable!!!

-Ashley

Jennifer said...

ooh your blog looks great!! :-)

Peggy said...

Blessings Heather...This is a new look, right? (though I don't know your blog well, I'm sure it's fresh and I really like the colors & decor!) I'm sorry for all the hard times and the losses that you have already past through ... but your words are so true!

Glad there were some good ones! Hope you enjoyed one great celebration of your life! a belated Happy 27th birthday!

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Through the good times and the bad, He is there. Such comfort.

Jenifer said...

Well...happy belated birthday to you my dear!!!

I've come to realize that those hard times in life are "shaping moments" God uses to refine us and mold us into the women He created us to be before the beginning of time.

I'm curious, maybe it's been there before and I just haven't noticed it, but did you go to Southeastern in Wake Forest, NC? My hubby and I moved there/here 6 years ago from South Alabama for him to attend college there. Small world, huh!?!? :o)

Praying for you this week as you continue to seek after God.

By His Grace,
Jenifer

If you haven't already done so, be sure to get the NEW Bible study button and use it to replace the old one. :o)

Anonymous said...

Love the new look of the blog.xo

Anonymous said...

Sweet reminders... He is with us always! Thx for sharing your journey here.
Hugs & Prayers, hL