I couldn't wait until today! I really enjoyed the first session of the study we are doing. It was so refreshing and encouraging. I love Bible studies so much! It's been awhile since I've been able to do one,so this is just on time! I'll go right to the discussion question since my time is limited. Go check out the post At the Well with Jennifer.
1. What does it mean to you to know you are precious in God's sight?
To know that I am very precious to God, is very comforting. To know He loves me so much that He sent His only Son to take my sins upon himself. To know that no matter what I have done I can repent before Him and He will forgive me. That in itself, is indescribable and gives me a peace like no other. Sometimes I tend to forget that I am precious in His sight and have to remind myself by reading His word or looking back on the blessings in my life. The devil will try to tell you that you are not precious in His sight,but you are my friend. Who else would willing give their son to die for a world that would reject him?
2. Can you think of a time in your life when you've experienced,firsthand, the Lord's faithfulness?
When I got pregnant with our first son I was not on my husband's insurance yet. We thought it was just the State being slow or papers getting lost,but it wasn't. It was God wanting to show His glory. We weren't able to get on Medicaid,so we were paying $500 each monthly visit. That takes a toll on a State Trooper's salary that's for sure. I got so angry with God too. I kept asking Him how could He do this to us? We love Him, we serve Him,and we were good people. I could not understand why God would let this happen to us. I finally realized that there was nothing I could do about it and that I was being very childish and I needed to repent. So I repented of my bitterness towards God. We begin to see how God wanted to show His glory through this situation. I got pregnant in April and in June, the landlord asked my husband to take the courtesy officer position at our apartment in exchange for free rent. The rent was $479 a month,so that would basically cover the monthly nurse-midwife visits. How awesome is our God? He just blew our minds!!! We had so many other things happen I can't even begin to describe. I did write about them in the birth story of my son you can go read here. That was just one of the things that happened. We learned that God just wanted us to trust Him and not worry about where our money would come from. It's His money anyways,so why worry? It really is awesome to look back on that time. We both grew in our walk with the Lord and it strengthened us as a young married couple. So when things may not go as you want,look to God, He always is up to something!
Hope you have a blessed Monday!!










8 comments:
Greetings (fellow) Heather! lol. I am following your from Titus 2: At the Well.
I appreciate so much of what you just shared. It still amazes me that the Lord looks at me through Jesus' eyes. Wow! His blessing and faithfulness truly never cease to create awe in me!
I pray that the Lord bless every moment you spend with Him this week!
Heather Mac
Hey there! Isn't this study great? Thank you for sharing how God is workin in your lives. His faithfulness to us is amazing and it is not until later we often see it at work.
Love Collette xxx
Thanks for sharing your heart with us and glorifying our Father! Have a lovely week as we seek to know Him more.
The devil will absolutely try to tell us differently! But, we know he is only full of lies!!!
Thanks for joining us today!
-Ashley
How wonderful - thank you for sharing :-)
Wow! What a great story! God is so good to us, even when we don't realize it. It is amazing to see Him at work. Thank you for that great reminder today. Hope you guys have a blessed week!
BTW, I love the pics of the snow. It was fun, wasn't it? Take care my friend!
I couldn't wait until today either!!! :o)
God's love for me blows my mind!!! I often times wonder why He loves me or how He could love me, and then, like you, I look into His precious Word and there I find His promises of love and cling to them.
I love your faithfulness story!!! God always provides for His children. His provisions may not always come in the ways we look for them to come in, but they do come. His ways are higher than ours, thank goodness!!! :o)
Know that I'm praying for you this week as you open the pages of His Word and come to know Yahweh more intimately. If you have questions or comments you'd like to share, please email me by Friday,
Feb. 19th at jenifer@byhisgraceministry.com
By His Grace,
Jenifer
Oh..I love your story of God's faithfulness! He's awesome, isn't he? Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment