2.17.2010

Thankful Thursday-Children


It's Thankful Thursday and I have much to be thankful for! Go to Grace Alone and check out what Iris has to say today. It will bless you!

Yesterday's Bible study convicted me of something we're all at fault for sometimes,complaining. We read passages about the Israelites complaining after being led out of bondage in Egypt. Wow, did God step on my toes? Yes, He did,but in a loving way. Being a Mother of 2 young ones can be very draining and stressful. On top of that my husband has a very stressful job and isn't always here when I need him. So I tend to not always see the positive side of having children,especially when I am physically tired and worn down. I ask forgiveness a lot,every day. I pray a lot everyday,but I also complain a lot too. I'm like the Israelites. God does awesome things day to day and I praise Him for it,to only turn around and complain when something doesn't go the way I think it should or planned it too. I wonder at times, why God bothers because truly I've got to be one of the most stubborn women He's created. I realize when I look at my children and why I continue to try,is why God continues with me. He loves me more than I can imagine and it's the same with my children. Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalm 127:3

As I woke up this morning, I turned on Life Today and it was almost over. I see Tammy Trent talking about the water situation and had 2 pitiful children in her arms. I thought, ooh.. okay Lord. I head my head in shame. I complain about my children whining and crying,when those children could not speak because of malnutrition. I then start the Bible study and it is all about complaining and I once again say, okay Lord I see where this is going. After the study and getting a shower, I look through the recorded shows on the t.v. and I love watching the Duggar family,so I watched the episode from last night. They are up and down everyday with their newest,Josie. She was born at 25 weeks and it's a struggle everyday for her. Ouch! I have 2 healthy boys and there are those who have so many problems with their children or who aren't able to even have them! How selfish of me! Needless to say, God and I had a talk.

So today, I'm thankful for my boys,Daniel and Aaron. Daniel keeps me going non-stop and is just as stubborn as I am,but I love him. He has so much life and has the most beautiful blue eyes a boy could have! Aaron is just a smiley baby! It melts my heart when he gives me the biggest grin! Or when his Daddy is holding him and he is constantly searching for me when he hears my voice. What could be more amazing? I am their world. They love me so much,even when they are crying,whining,or disobeying me. I disobey God,but that doesn't mean I don't love Him. I'm like my children,still learning to listen to my Father. I really want to try and not complain so much. It's so hard not too,but when I do it enough God usually gives me reminders of how I have 2 healthy,full of life little boys that need a happy,grateful Momma. I want my children to do as the Proverbs says, Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Proverbs 31:28

What are you complaining about? God wants to hear,but He also wants to help. Be blessed on this Thursday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful heart felt post. I especially love this:

"I wonder at times, why God bothers because truly I've got to be one of the most stubborn women He's created. I realize when I look at my children and why I continue to try,is why God continues with me. He loves me more than I can imagine and it's the same with my children."

Even though we complain, He will always love us and never give up on us. xo

Rocks said...

I a complaining of not having kids yet!! :)

you post is an eye opener, we do tend to complain so quick when face with hardships..Thank God He doesn't give up on us.

Love your post!

jo.attalife said...

We must be tuned in to the same wavelength. That was also my quiet time meditation for today. To worship instead of complaining. Does our living God speak or what? ;)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, Heather! I too am guilty of complaining. It seems I can easily find blessings and reason for praise in the lives of others, but I forget to adapt that mindset to my own life.

Have a blessed day! :)

Nic said...

I really enjoyed your take on the post for today. I think a few of us were kind of on the same wavelength. Mine wasn't necessarily about complaining, but it was about the more "difficult" circumstances of life, which can lead to complaining.

LeAnn said...

I remember when my kids were younger and going through times like this. God still deals with me and reminds me not to be a complainer. It is a lifelong venture. I can say I can see the improvement. So, rest in the Lord as he works in you. You will one day see the good work he has done in you in this area. Thanks for you post! I loved your honesty, and it was a good reminder to me. ~

Jennifer said...

Ya know...I complain about our neighbors a lot..and lately I started asking God to help me through this until we're able to move. I hate complaining, but sometimes I don't know what else to do when they drive me crazy. Since I finally talked to God about it... I've learned to somehow ignore a lot of what they do that annoys me. And I just keep reminding myself we'll be moving to a new apartment in 5 months :-)

This was a wonderful post. Have a great day.

Debbie said...

I think at one point in our lives or another EVERYONE is guilty of complaining...Goodness knows I have AND do!! And truthfully after having raised 3 ACTIVE boys and a daughter I am very sympathetic for how hard it can be sometimes. It is a HARD and at times lonely job! And yet you are soo right in that all it usually takes is a quick glance around to see what others suffer and deal with to make me realize just how blessed I really am. I deal with a few very negative, down people in my life. Always unhappy, always finding the unpleasantness in any situation. I dread being around them, and know that others do as well. But it has taught me just how much I don't want to be known for that particular trait. Thank God that when we look to Him, He fills our hearts with a joy that can only spill out to others. Your heart is thankful, and your children are blessed to have you. Have a wonderful day, Debbie

Denise said...

Such wonderful blessings.