Loose My Soul-Toby Mac,featuring Kirk Franklin and Mandisa
Man I Wanna Tell Ya'll Something, Man.
Man I'm Not Gonna Let These Material Thing's, Get In My Way, Ya'll.
I'm Trying To Get Somewhere.
I'm Trying To Get Somewhere, That's Real And Pure And True And Eternal.
Father God, I Am Clay In Your Hands,
Help Me To Stay That Way Through All Life's Demands,
'cause They Chip And They Nag And They Pull At Me,
And Every Little Thing I Make Up My Mind To Be,
Like I'm Gonna Be A Daddy Whose In The Mix,
And I'm Gonna Be A Husband Who Stays Legit,
And I Pray That I'm An Artist Who Rises Above,
The Road That Is Wide And Filled With Self Love,
Everything That I See Draws Me,
Though It's Only In You That I Can Truly See That Its A Feast For The Eyes- A Low Blow To Purpose.
And I'm A Little Kid At A Three Ring Circus.
I Don't Want To Gain The Whole World,
And Lose My Soul,Don't Wanna Walk Away,
Let Me Hear The People Say.
I Don't Want To Gain The Whole World,
And Lose My Soul,Don't Wanna Walk Away,
Let Me Hear The People Say.
(Mr. Franklin, Step Up To The Mic Sir)
The Paparazzi Flashes,
And That They Think That It's You,But They Don't Know That Who You Are Is Not What You Do,
True, We Get It Twisted When We Peak At The Charts,
Yo Before We Part From The Start,
Where's Your Heart?
You A Pimp, Hustler?
Tell Me What's Your Title,
America Has No More Stars, Now We Call Them Idols,
You Sit Idle, While We Teach Prosperity,
The First Thing To Prosper Should Be Inside Of Me.
We're Free...
Not Because Of 22's On The Range,But Christ Came In Range,
We Said Yes Now We Changed,
Not The Same, Even Though I Made A Fall,
Since I Got That Call, No More Saul, Now I'm Paul.
(yep!)
I Don't Want To Gain The Whole World, And Lose My Soul,
Don't Wanna Walk Away, Let Me Hear The People Say.
I Don't Want To Gain The Whole World, And Lose My Soul,
Don't Wanna Walk Away, Let Me Hear The People Say.
Don't Wanna Walk Away,Don't Wanna Walk Away
(Mandisa's solo)
How Do I Sense The Tide That's Rising?
De-sensitizing Me From Living In Light Of Eternity,
How Do I Sense The Tide That's Rising?
It's Hypnotizing Me From Living In Light Of Eternity,
How Do I Sense The Tide That's Rising?
De-sensitizing Me From Living In Light Of Eternity.
(Lord What We Gonna Do,we're Relying On You, All Eyes Are On You Lord, All Eyes Are On You, All Eyes Are On You Jesus.)
I Don't Want To Gain The Whole World, And Lose My Soul,
Don't Wanna Walk Away, Let Me Hear The People Say.
(don't Let Me Lose My Soul, My Soul.)
I Don't Want To Gain The Whole World, And Lose My Soul,
(this Is My Honesty, Father, Won't You Cover Me.)
I Don't Want To Gain The Whole World, And Lose My Soul,
(don't Wanna Walk Away, And All Those People Say)
I Don't Want To Gain The Whole World, And Lose My Soul,
(don't Wanna Lose, I Don't Wanna Lose My Soul.)
Lord Forgive Us When We Get Consumed By The Things Of This World,
That Fight For Our Love, And Our Passion,
As Our Eyes Are Open Wide And On You.
Grant Us The Privilege Of Your World View,
And May Your Kingdom Be, What Wakes Us Up, And Lays Us Down.
I love Toby Mac's music,some is silly or crazy and some is really moving. Like this song. I love this song! I listen to it often in the truck if I am alone. It really moves me,like no song has in a long time. Sometimes I get frustrated or sad that we can't get ahead with money. Our nature is to want things and it never really stops. I have to remind myself that I won't die if we can't do things we want all the time or buy things we want. I believe God wants us to be prosperous and He'll bless us money wise, no doubt. But I don't believe He wants us to get everything we want. If so,then when do you learn discipline,self-control,and dying to your flesh? You really won't learn those things. If we are allowed to indulge ourselves with everything we want,we'd be spoilt brats,wouldn't we? I have to remind myself often that things I want and desire sometimes won't come to pass and to fulfill myself is not the command of my Lord. His command to to fulfill others desires and needs. Oh it's so hard sometimes. Having a child has shown me and taught me a lot. They help us die to our flesh if, we will allow them. I think that's one reason they are such a blessing. They're helping us be more like Jesus was as a servant,not a slave. A slave is made to serve someone,but a servant wishes to serve someone. At first, we may not want to stop what we are doing to serve our child if they need a diaper change,to be given a bottle,or put to bed. I mean, isn't what we're doing more important,anyways? I'm getting off the intended subject,sorry.
This song just really helps me to remember how we were raised. We didn't have a lot of money,not because my parents didn't try to make as much as possible,it was just how it was. One thing we always had was love and an ear to talk too. We never had braces,never had regular doctor visits,didn't go to a prestigious high school or college. We were just plain people. We didn't have new vehicles or a new house. We drove used vehicles and lived (always and parents still do) in a Mobile home,which we called our house. I remember one instance when the Pastor's daughter came to our home. Well, she turned around and called us and said, "There's just a trailer there, I didn't see your house." I really realized how this world can view things and how shallow people can be. I may never have a new home or a brand new vehicle,that's okay. If I do then I'll take it with no question,it's not that I don't want those things,but they can't be most important to me. I never want to put my husband in the position to work all the time or myself in the position where I have to work outside of our home,just for material things we don't really need. I see it happen way too often. It's amazing how God can use music to really teach you things about the scriptures. There's another song I love of his,but I'll share another time.
This is off topic,but I would love some suggestions for baby names. I really want to stick to Biblical names for a boy or girl. So suggest please!!! God Bless!
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










3 comments:
I really like Malachi for a boy.
I agree with this entry. At church Sunday our pastor talked about how 90% of Western Christians' prayer request are for health and he believes the reason is because it's the only thing we don't have control over. I believe if we give God control of all areas in our life we will be deeply blessed by God. But the way he blesses us may not translate to blessings in the world's eyes.
Hi Heather, got your comment about TT tomorrow and no problem I will come back and link you up. -God bless!
I really like this song!
Post a Comment