3.16.2009

embracing my calling and loving my wee ones

Time really is flying. It's mid-March. Wow. My baby boy has grown up to a toddler. He's walking and running,jabbering and singing. I already miss him being so tiny. It's been such a blessing to watch him grow. Though I will admit there have been some very challenging and trying times. I would do it all over again. I love my child. He's so special to me. He's really getting to be so grown up or so he thinks. He's our little worshipper. When he hears music he will sing to it. It's so sweet! And boy he loves to dance to the music too. Oh and to know I've got another one on the way. Wow. That's amazing. I never pictured my life to be this way. Some days I want to pull my hair out,then some days it's so smooth. I just am so blessed. I struggle with thinking I'm not a good Mother or as good as others. I guess we all do. I don't know why I do. I sacrifice so much for Daniel and do what is best for him. Oh and to see Mike interact with his son. Wow. That's a blessing too. He loves him so much and Daniel is really taking to him. I just love it!

I've also really come to grips with my role and season of life now. So what if I can't make it to the Beth Moore conference? So what if I can't be in choir right now? Is it that bad? No. I am serving the Lord,by tending and taking care of my child. And that's just fine for now. Some Sunday's Mike will take him out into the foyer,others I will. I used to depend on church so much,the church building,not the body. I've been set free from that. I'm not saying I don't want to go,but if I miss a Sunday, why can't I do some worshipping here? It just feels good to embrace my role,instead of despise it or hurry it up. Things with the next baby will be different. I won't be afraid to nurse at church,I'll be using a sling. I won't be so afraid to try new things. Daniel actually sat still this Sunday and listened. My oldest SIL Robyn got saved and baptized. My youngest SIL got saved and will be getting baptized,along with my MIL who is saved and getting baptized.

I just wanted to do some writing. We're all fine. I go to my CNM Thursday and we'll hear the heartbeat! I'm thinking of all of you!

God bless!

3 comments:

LAURIE said...

What an awesome thing! Being a mother is a high calling and what amazing things are in store for you as you train Daniel up in the ways of the Lord! -blessings, Laurie

Christina said...

This was very uplifting, and very true! I too am often tempted to think, "Wow, I should be more involved in the college ministry," etc., but in all reality, I can minister in other ways as a wife and soon-to-be mother too. I know that when the baby comes I will have to remind myself of this fact often!

Joyfull said...

It is a beautiful realization that through this time and season of life, many "ministries" have to fall aside for now for you to focus on the ministry hand picked for you by God! May you be blessed as you follow and love your calling.