3.05.2009

Thankful Thursday: Purposes

On this Thursday I'm thankful for Iris who has been hosting the meme Thankful Thursday. It feels good to be back. Lynn @ Spiritually Unequal Marriage is our host this month. Check out her post for Thankful Thursday.

I'm thankful for the purpose God has for my life. He birthed a desire for missions in my heart when I was a young woman and to be a submissive wife. I married at age 23 and began that journey. God has taken many places since then. Now, I'm a mother to a 13 month little boy and have one in the womb. It is amazing the purposes God has for my life. I would have never dreamed this life for myself. I always clung to Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not evil, to give you an expected end. I have 2 encounters where I should have been dead,but that was not God's end for me.

Not only do I think about the purpose for my life,but for my husband too. He has brought Mike through a lot. He also clung to Jeremiah 29:11. The life he has now, he never saw it coming. He's so thankful for his family and his job. I also think of the purpose for Daniel's life even though he's so young. He's a special little boy. He's got a call that is evident on his life. I am praying that for my other child as well. I want my children to be as the men/women of old. To live with a holy,righteous fear of God that is wrapped in a love relationship with Jesus. They are our legacy.

So what is your purpose? Do you think you have not one? You're wrong. God has a purpose for everyone,it's just our choice to embrace it or not. Have a wonderful Thursday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspiring, as always Heather. I praise God for putting you in my life! :)

LAURIE said...

Yes God has a purpose for each of us - sometimes we miss out on seeing what His purpose is or we choose a different path. I always want to walk in His will and seek His purpose for me each and every day. Happy TT! -blessings, Laurie

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Thank you for this wonderful reminder of God's purpose. May we never forget them.

Take care my friend!
I pray you are feeling and doing well!