2.16.2009

update of some sort

I missed writing At the Well today. I wasn't feeling well this morning. So keep me in your prayers. I'm going on 6 weeks this week. I go to the CNM on Thursday at 9. My SIL,Heather, will be staying with us Wednesday night so she can keep Daniel that next morning. That place has a lot of sick people,all pregnant too. I just don't want to bring Daniel there unless I have too.

I've been so tired. I remember these days when I was pregnant with Daniel. So draining. It's like no matter how much you sleep it's not enough. I know so many of you can relate to that. There has been some negative responses to our next baby,not from family,but others who know us. Most of them are: Are they crazy? Their boy is only a year old. Some days I do think I'm crazy. I'm chasing around Daniel trying to keep him from breaking things with another on the way. I have to stop a lot of the time and say Lord, I know that YOU know what You are doing. I hope that doesn't sound bad. I'm not naturally good with babies or young children. I have to have God's strength,love,patience,grace,and forgiveness everyday. God knows what we need,when we need it. I trust Him to bless us when He sees fit. And He has saw fit to bless us with another child. It is just really sad how our culture looks at children. They're a burden,instead of a blessing. They're another mouth to feed,instead of another mouth to teach God's Word too. We are just choosing to be different from this culture. We are choosing to be a peculiar people in everything we do. The sad thing is,most of the comments are coming from Christian people. I know it won't be easy,raising Daniel is not easy. But do those people think that it's easy for God to raise them or me, for that matter? I hope not. I know it's hard for God to raise me. I'm naturally very stubborn,head strong,and determined. Having a child has really made me look at God a lot different.

I really can't believe we're having another baby. Wow. Our family is growing! It's really neat! I'm married to my best friend,the love of my life. Our baby will be here before Thanksgiving and Christmas! Daniel will be glad when the baby can play with him. I'm not sure what he is going to think about it to begin with,though. He doesn't like for other children to cry ha! He will start crying. I can't believe he'll be almost 2 when the baby is here. My oh my! God is just so good to me. I would have never guessed I would be married with 2 babies by this time. I'll be 26 on Friday. Wow, that is even more crazy. I met my husband when I was 20,not knowing then he would be my husband. Now we share 2 babies together. It's funny how God works. I'm so thankful for my husband. I love him so much! He's so happy about the baby. He too is confident God knows when we need children and that He will take care of us. He's such an awesome man! He's my strong tower here on earth. I look up to him so much. hehe... I still write him letters. When he was in patrol school I kept a notebook with me and every single night for 6 months(not counting weekends when I saw him) I wrote him a letter. He's still got them. Every week I wrote him a letter and sent it in the mail scented with my perfume on it(well when they begin letting them receive mail). He's still got all them too. I always gave him cards too. He gave me a few,but isn't good with words he claims. I will treasure those days. We had no clue what God had in store for us. We still have no clue what His future plans are. We plan very loosely because in the past we planned too much and well God decided to change things. We pretty much go with His flow.

Oh last night, I went to Winter Jam with Robyn and Heather. Daniel went with us. It was so awesome! I'm still young at heart! Newsong was so anointed! Oh my! When they sang Arise My Love,I literally thought the arena was going to burst. Brandon Heath was good too. I love his song "Give Me Your Eyes". Oh and of course we were mainly there for Toby Mac. OH WOW! He rocked that place! Daniel was dancing and bopping his cute little head. He loves the music! If he hears Toby Mac's voice come on the t.v. or radio he stops and then starts dancing. I thought it may be too loud,but I saw a baby that was maybe 6 months old there!! I would not dare take one that young,but that's me. It was packed. We did not get there as early as needed,so we stood the whole time. It worked out best though. I called Mike on the phone and let him hear Toby haha I called my sister too,she used to love Toby Mac. It wasn't bad for $10 dollars. I'm not big on Hawk Nelson and I didn't know the 2 girls singing. I love Newsong though! They're an old time favorite! It started at 6 and ended around 9:30. Phillips,Craig,& Dean are coming to Pace,FL next week. We love them too!!! Mike is going to try to take off,so we can go. It's not far from Mobile and I'd hate to miss them. We maybe going to Jentezen Franklin's church in August with the MIL and SIL's,it depends. They went last year and loved it. I like him pretty good. My favorite is John Hagee. He shoots straight and does not miss.

An update on my Daddy too. He went back to the Psoratic Arthritis dr. today and he diagnosed him with it. He said he would give him some medicine,but not Embrel. I read about it and I strongly discouraged Mama from it. I am going to check up on this medicine too. God does not give you medicines to rid of one thing,only to cause something else. I just do not believe that. I'm not fond of medicines much anyways. You should find the root of the problem and treat it,not alleviate it. I'm going to help them find some natural herbs to use. I know God will heal him. He has healed his back and his knees. So prayer warriors stand in prayer. The devil is not going to get my Daddy in Jesus name!

I hate going to bed with my hubby. He's stil got 45 minutes to go. I'm going to go read some and wait for him. Just keep me and my family in your prayers. I hate feeling sick,not being able to tend to my men.

6 comments:

LAURIE said...

What a great update. I will continue to keep you in my prayers, and hope that you feel better. and before I forget...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (later this week!)

and don't sweat the stuff people say. They don't have to walk in your shoes and the Bible says that God will not put anymore on us that we cannot handle so maybe the reason God blessed you and not THEM with two small children is because He has ALOT of confidence in you! Praise God - He will give you the strength and the wisdom you need to nurture and love these two wonderful gifts from heaven. Take care and rest! -blessings, Laurie

Laurie said...

I found out I was pregnant with my daughter one week after my son's first birthday. I was blessed to not hear any negative comments (doesn't mean there weren't any - I was just obliviously happy).

Whenever anyone asked if I was ready for two I always promptly answered, "no". But I've always figured it was to my advantage that I knew I wasn't personally ready because it brought me to knell at God's throne that much more readily.

Lots of other moms of close-ages kids told me that "the first couple years are tough but then it's fun" - and I've found that to be the case. But as big as any challenges that two little people might bring, God's grace is bigger.

You have been tremendously blessed - God Himself said it - don't let anyone take that assurance and joy away from you.

Kay said...

While my husband and I don't personally feel convicted in that area I think it's you and your husbands right. It always amazes me how people choose to judge others. It's what is good for you and it's non of their business. Don't let others rob you of your happiness and God's glory.

Rebecca said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon! And that baby-on-the-way is a blessing, and no one should say otherwise!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you birthday was today! It's my Emma's birthday as well :) Hope you have a good day :)

Sounds like winter jam was awesome!!! And don't listen to those people that view children that way. You will be so blessed for giving God such control in your life.

Have a nice weekend! :)

Joyfull said...

Thanks for the update, I remember that tiredness well. Children are a gift from the Lord and He will provide everything you need for your family. Happy late birthday, hope you had a good day. Prayers and thoughts will be with you.