I really don't know what I want to use this blog for. I'm leaning towards posting things God gives me to share and just scripture. I've never had one of this so I'm new at learning how to work everything. I'll give some background for those who may not know me very well. My name is Heather and I live in Southern Alabama. I grew up in Southeast Mississippi with my parents,older brother,and younger sister. At age 10 I received Christ as my Savior. I was raised in a Southern Baptist church until I was in the 7th grade and then we started going to a small Missionary Baptist church where my brother was Youth Leader. I was a shy girl who didn't say much. I wasn't popular in high school,but some "in crowd" were people I grew up with. I wasn't into partying or things associated with it. My best friend was my sister,Haley,and my Mom,Bhrenda. I was a nerd in some people's eyes. I lived in the country and loved every minute of it. After I graduated high school I wasn't sure what I needed to do. I dreamed of being a housewife,but had no finance or boyfriend for that matter. I dated a lot and some were serious,but none of them were the right fit so to say.
I begin babysitting for a couple and tried to help out at home with money. It was about this time that I met some people that would forever change my life. I went out to a devotion with a childhood friend of mine for fellowship really,but I was introduced to something that really opened my eyes. These people were different,but not different. The difference was they had a relationship with Christ,like on a daily basis. Of course I had a relationship,but I wasn't discipled. Once I begin going to the Missionary Baptist church I prayed and asked forgiveness of my sins when I would sin,but something was missing. I did not understand how much Jesus wanted to pursue me,how much he wanted to reign in my life,how much he wanted to work in my life. I continued to go out to the devotions with Johnathan and I would just observe how these people worshipped,prayed,and lived daily. They lived crucifed lives daily. I did not at that point. While going to devotions I met my future husband,but at the time had no clue God would put us together. I made strong friendships and it was a big part of my life. I still cherish many of the friendships.
I attended a church with a guy I begin to date and I was blown away. Actually I was taken back in my memory to church camp. While I was going to the Missionary Baptist church we would go to church camp and have an amazing time. We could do things there we could not back at church. We felt free and alive in Christ. So while attending that service at Riverside Full Gospel I felt free and alive. I continued to go there and left the other church. God delievered me from somethings and begin to put a desire in me for Him stronger than death. I begin to read my Bible almost all day long sometimes. I begin to learn scripture and hide it in my heart. I begin to pray meaningful prayers. God begin moving in me and it was evident.
In 2003 I went to Honduras on a mission trip and 2 doors were opened. I was offered a job as a secretary for a preacher I knew from childhood and the thought of college was introduced. I started working for Bro. Don H. and then I started classes at Southeastern Baptist College that following August. I met many people and made many friends. God ministered to me there and allowed me to minister to others. I grew while attending SBC and I continued going to Riverside. I joined there drama team in 2004 after a broken engagement. We experienced some radical times and some intimate encoutners. I was humbled to be a part of the Joshua Generation. In 2005 I begin dating with a friend,Mike. of 4 years and realized this was the man God had for me all along. After many heartaches,heartbreaks,and wondering where?who?when?how? I had found my future husband. In May of 2006 I graduated from SBC and Mike proposed June 2,2006. He then graduated the Highway Patrol Academy June 22,2006. After looking for a home and figuring out other things, on December 4,2006 we married. It was one of the best days of my life! I know Mike and I have one of the joyful marriages. God stretched us and molded (still is) us.
In May of 2007 we found out we were expecting a baby. It was shock to me. It really hit me hard. I was so afraid of the actual birth I let it cloud my vision. God helped me through this and my pregnancy was amazing. God taught us to rely on Him for our every need. Somethings if I told them,people wouldn't believe it happened. On January 26,2008 Daniel Paul was born. He is amazing,fun,sweet,precious,and handsome. This isn't the end of my road to glory. Through my years I've lost loved ones and friends. I've been tested,tried,rebuked,rewarded,and tempted. I've been through hard time and been through good times. I've seen mighty acts of God and I've grown so much. I've got a lot further to go. I am just living for His glory. So there's some about me. I guess it's my testimony.
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










No comments:
Post a Comment