I'm reading Isaiah and Psalms for my Bible reading. I love the Psalms and now I'm coming to love Isaiah. I wanted to share some scripture from my reading this morning.
7 “ For the Lord GOD will help Me;
Therefore I will not be disgraced;
Therefore I have set My face like a flint,
And I know that I will not be ashamed.
8 He is near who justifies Me;
Who will contend with Me?
Let us stand together.
Who is My adversary?
Let him come near Me.
9 Surely the Lord GOD will help Me;
Who is he who will condemn Me?
Indeed they will all grow old like a garment;
The moth will eat them up.
Isaiah 50:7-9
- Have you set your face like flint toward God? I admit I haven't lately. We get caught up in the cares of this world or even our own life for that matter. I say "we",I know I do.
7 “ Listen to Me, you who know righteousness,
You people in whose heart is My law:
Do not fear the reproach of men,
Nor be afraid of their insults.
8 For the moth will eat them up like a garment,
And the worm will eat them like wool;
But My righteousness will be forever,
And My salvation from generation to generation.”
9 Awake, awake, put on strength,
O arm of the LORD!
Awake as in the ancient days,
In the generations of old.
AreYou not the arm that cut Rahab apart,
And wounded the serpent?
10 Are You not the One who dried up the sea,
The waters of the great deep;
That made the depths of the sea a road
For the redeemed to cross over?
11 So the ransomed of the LORD shall return,
And come to Zion with singing,
With everlasting joy on their heads.
They shall obtain joy and gladness;
Sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
12 “ I, even I, am He who comforts you.
Who are you that you should be afraid
Of a man who will die,
And of the son of a man who will be made like grass?
13 And you forget the LORD your Maker,
Who stretched out the heavens
And laid the foundations of the earth;
You have feared continually every day
Because of the fury of the oppressor,
When he has prepared to destroy.
And where is the fury of the oppressor?
14 The captive exile hastens, that he may be loosed,
That he should not die in the pit,
And that his bread should not fail.
15 But I am the LORD your God,
Who divided the sea whose waves roared—
The LORD of hosts is His name.
16 And I have put My words in your mouth;
I have covered you with the shadow of My hand,
That I may plant the heavens,
Lay the foundations of the earth,
And say to Zion, ‘You are My people.’”
Isaiah 51:7-16
-Do we not serve an awesome God?! Can you fathom His greatness,His majesty? Oh I cannot sometimes. He spoke the heavens into existence. He breathed life into dirt and dry bones.
22 Thus says your Lord,
The LORD and your God,
Who pleads the cause of His people:
“ See, I have taken out of your hand
The cup of trembling,
The dregs of the cup of My fury;
You shall no longer drink it.
23 But I will put it into the hand of those who afflict you,
Who have said to you,
‘ Lie down, that we may walk over you.’
And you have laid your body like the ground,
And as the street, for those who walk over.”
Isaiah 51:22-23
-It says 'The LORD and your God, Who pleads the cause of his people.' What cause is God pleading for you today?
7 How beautiful upon the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who proclaims peace,
Who brings glad tidings of good things,
Who proclaims salvation,
Who says to Zion,
“ Your God reigns!”
8 Your watchmen shall lift up their voices,
With their voices they shall sing together;
For they shall see eye to eye
When the LORD brings back Zion.
9 Break forth into joy, sing together,
You waste places of Jerusalem!
For the LORD has comforted His people,
He has redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The LORD has made bare His holy arm
In the eyes of all the nations;
And all the ends of the earth shall see
The salvation of our God.
Isaiah 52:7-10
-Do you bring good news and tidings? Sometimes I catch myself bringing bad news and tidings. How shameful of me! I should bare the good news of the gospel of Christ! 'And all the ends of the earth shall see The salvation of our God.' What a glorious verse! I love these passages!
I am also reading my little book Blessed Among Women: God's Gifts To Mothers. I read something that was very confirming to some thoughts I posted on a forum. Here is an excert from what I read today.
Love Divine
"The love God has for us is sometimes hard to grasp,and we need His help to understand it. By giving us children to love, God gives us the opportunity to experience a divine kind of love firsthand. As our Parent,God-
-Tenderly cares for us and leads us (Isaiah 40:11)
-Comforts us (Isaiah 66:13)
-Attends to our needs (Matthew 6:26)
-Gives us loving limits (Hebrews 12:10)
-Sings over us (Zephaniah 3:17)
As much as you love your kids, your Father loves you- and your children- even more."
Isn't it amazing how God gives us so many wonderful physical examples of His deep love for us? I love Him so.
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










2 comments:
God's love for us is something I can't even fathom. Beautiful scripture to share....
I wrote my first letter! I even included a picture of me and my girls. I feel so wonderful and will certainly continue to write more! Thanks so much for sharing the site.
Post a Comment