8.01.2009

reflecting a little

I totally forgot to post these in my other blog that I updated the other day with pictures. This is Aaron's ultrasound picture!

He looks a lot like Daniel did in his ultrasound! Cute as a button!

Daniel climbed into bed,like he does most nights!

He thinks he is so funny too!

Love this picture!!! This one was supposed to be first. He climbed up there with his hat on!! He's so cute!


I miss reading every one's blog and blogging, as well. I haven't got long and Aaron will be here. I'm 29 weeks today. I have been wondering how things will be. It'll be sweet to have a newborn in the house again. Though, I know it will be much different with a toddler here too. Daniel is growing up so much,but when he is asleep I realize he is still such a "baby". He's trying to say so many words and really comprehending so much. It amazes me! Mike and I were looking through his albums last night,which I am almost done with, and we were amazed. I have a lot of firsts in pictures. I have where he sat up first,got on his hands and knees first,clapped first,and so on. It just amazed us how much he is doing now. It seems just like yesterday he couldn't sit up or crawl. Now,he's running around full speed all the time! Babies are so neat to watch grow into toddlers. I can't wait to have Aaron here and watch his development. I love being a Momma and never thought I would. When I pick Daniel up and he wraps him arms around my neck and kisses me on the cheek,I melt. Or when he giggles at me for something that is not even funny, I melt. Or when I'm rocking him and he will pull up to my shoulder and go to sleep,I melt. I love him so much! I don't see how I'll love Aaron as much as I do him,but I am told that I will. I can't wait to see!

We were looking through our photo album too. While we dated I took so many pictures of us! Now, that we live here away from family or friends we rarely get a photo together. I'm so glad I took all those while we dated. We were SO young looking and a lot more trim! You can see the love in our eyes and on our faces. He made the comment last night, "Nothing was stopping us,was it?" I laughed and said no. He then said, "That's what I have always love about us,nothing stops us." I love my husband! I was talking about how skinny I was and the figure I had,not in a depressed way,but like wow I was small! I really needed the "marriage and baby" weight too! He told me I was drop dead gorgeous and had a rocking body haha He then went onto say he loves me no matter what my body looks like,it's my heart he married me for,not my body. I love when we can just focus on each other. We have some great pictures together and so many memories. I've just been in a reflective mood the past 2 days. Looking at those pictures, we were talking about how we never would have imagined having 2 kids in 3 years. Our 3rd year anniversary will be December 4th. It seems like we've been together longer at times. I could not imagine life with another man,though I thought a few others were my husband. I am so glad that Mike is my husband. Daniel has become quiet fond of him over the last several months. Oh it's so sweet! I love seeing Mike play with him! Daniel will grab his water gun and chase him all over. He's seen Mike put his gun in his gun belt,so Daniel tries to put his in his diaper! It's the cutest thing! He mimics anything Mike does.

It's just so.. I don't know how to describe it. Like I'm looking in from the outside sometimes. Especially when we visit my parents. It's so neat to go back to "home" and have my family. Have a husband,a toddler,and one on the way. Surreal I guess would be the word. I can't imagine what life will be like with both, Daniel and Aaron. Daniel is so happy,high spirited,and funny! I wonder all the time what Aaron will be like. Will he be shy? Energetic? Laid back? Funny? Daniel is a fireball. I sort of hope Aaron has that about him too,though it'd be nice if he'd sit more than Daniel haha It's not hit me that I'll have 2 little boys. Boys! I would not trade them for anything! Girls are fun,but boys are too! I am so thankful to God for my blessings. He's been overly wonderful to me. Some days I wonder why? I fail so much I feel like and I know women who I think are far better Mothers than I. Yet, He trusts me with 2 of his angels. In awe I am.

How great is our God?
sing with me
How great is our God?
and all will see
how great,how great is our God!!

2 comments:

Melody said...

I looked back recently at my photos with my hubby, especially the wedding ones. Goodness we looked so young. I know we were young, but I never realized how young we looked ! RL and I need to take more photos for sure too. I often forget to take any cause I'm so busy taking photos of others too.

nmetzler said...

How fun! I love ultasound pictures.