This one is a hard one for me. I am not fond of summer. I was as a kid and youth,but not as an adult. I will try and think of things I do like about it though.
- the refreshing rain that so often comes during these months
- fresh fruits,like watermelon,honeydew melon,and strawberries
- warm summer nights when you can sit out on the porch looking at the stars
- going to the river or creek with family and friends
- having Popsicles on a hot day
On another note. I was reading the 23 Psalm this morning and this is something that Charles Stanley brought these 3 things out.
- He is our Pardoning Shepherd - He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalm 23:2-3
- He is our Providing Shepherd - Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Matthew 7:9-11
- He is our Protecting Shepherd - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4
I am thankful for our Shepherd and all He does for us. So much He does,that I take fore granted.
I'm also thankful for life. I am 28 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Our baby is healthy and growing. What an amazing thing! A life growing within a life!
God Bless and happy Thursday!










5 comments:
Thanks for sharing all the good things you found about summer! I am not a fan of summer weather either...and I live in the northeast where temps/humidity are no where near what you experience in the south.
Congrasts on your healthy pregnancy!
I love the heat, so summer is my favourite season. I'm glad you're able to find a few enjoyable things about it as well.
I really like those three points that Charles Stanley brought out - what a beautiful and concise way of phrasing it.
I am so thankful for my Shepherd.
I was the same way as a teen, loved summer. Now, I still enjoy a nice 80 degree or so day but not so much the 90's & 100's.
Congratulations on the upcoming little one!
Happy to hear your pregnancy is going well. God bless you and the little one!
Post a Comment