And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.
But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.
Matthew 9:20-22
I was reading my morning devotional Thursday and it was about the woman who touched the hem of Jesus' garment and was healed. All she did was touch the hem of his garment and he felt the healing flow go out of him. How amazing is that? That blows my mind and is one of my favorite accounts in the Gospels.
Another thought crossed my mind while reading the devotional though. How often do we just settle for touching the hem of his garment? Yes, he is that powerful that one, small touch can heal you. We are given the authority to touch much more than that,spiritually speaking. Jesus intercedes for us and we do not have to beg. We can touch his healing hands,not just his garment. Just something to ponder.
Happy 4th of July everyone! Have a safe day! Remember freedom is never free! Thanks be to God for Jesus and his sacrifice!! Thanks be to God for our brave men and women fighting for our freedom also!
Thanksgiving Pictures
-
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is all of the pictures,but it's the
best ones! Daniel had fun with his cousins,Grandparents,Aunts,and Uncles.
Aaron j...
16 years ago










2 comments:
Amen my friend! That's a great thought to ponder. Hope you had a great Fourth. I also hope you are feeling well and your guys are doing well. Take care my friend!
I've been thinking about that passage a lot lately... mostly as I have been praying for healing in my own body.
I've really been struck by the fact that she had FAITH to just the smallest touch could completely heal her!
I tend to think that I need God to... oh, rend the heavens and come down! *laughs*
We serve an awesome God.
Post a Comment