6.20.2009

the ministry of motherhood

It's been so long since I have been able to write here. I have lots of inspiring lots,but not lots of time. Blogging is so different than a diary or journal for me,I can't explain it. I miss reading all the wonderful blogs and posts that I used too read. I think of you ladies often though. So keep us in your prayers. I'll update on us first,then write some from my heart.

I'm 23 weeks today. It is literally flew by. I am 5 1/2 months and it just doesn't seem possible. I am doing well too! I went to Cindy last Wednesday and was accompanied by the lady I'll use as a Doula ( used Cindy and Tammy both last pregnancy). It was a good visit! I have only gained 8 lbs overall,which is surprising. I know it's due to being more active,drinking hardly any soda or tea,and not eating sweets all the time. At the month with Daniel I had gained nearly 15-20 already. I don't walk as often as I need too,but I do stay active with Daniel. I really need to walk,but it is SO hot down here. Yuk! When we did the ultrasound to find out the sex, it took them longer than I thought it would. I wasn't sure why,but this appointment I found out why. Aaron is breech,about the same way Daniel was,lying across my uterus. It's called a transverse position. Cindy said most babies will do this up until time to deliver and most do turn if they are able. She isn't alarmed,but wanted me to know. I have already started doing some exercises to affect the positioning. By 26 weeks if he is still that way, she wants me to get on my hands and knees for 20 minutes 5 times a day. I'll do what I can,but God has the rest in His hands. Although I do not want another C-section,if Aaron does like Daniel,then we won't have a choice. Daniel was trying to turn to go into the birth canal,but got stuck. Not on my pelvis though. There is nothing wrong my with body,it was just bad positioning of the baby. It won't be a scheduled C-section if it comes to that. I'll go into labor just like with Daniel and labor to see if he can turn. Then, if he doesn't we'll do a C-section,only after every possible way to turn him. I want more children and a C-section will diminish that. Here in the South, they aren't big on many babies after a C-section,or multiple ones and VBAC's aren't common that I know of. Just keep us in your prayers,we're not worried,God is in control!! Onto Daniel- He is doing good! He's almost 17 months and so smart! He's growing and learning everyday,it's so amazing to watch! He is picking up new words daily and trying to say them. He really understands a lot and mimicks what we do. He'll throw things in the garbage,try to brush his hair,brush his teeth,put his socks and shoes on,put diapers in the Genie, and other things. He is so darn cute too! He's my heartbeat! He knows where the baby is and we call him Baby Aaron so he will pick up on it. When he hears someone say baby he rubs my tummy and kisses it. He's going to love having a brother to play and rough house with. Mike is good too. He's just been working a lot. We have somethings to get paid and somethings to buy before Aaron gets here. We still have to get a vehicle and have been praying God would guide us to it. We are still trying to help my parents out financially and keep ourselves afloat. He's such a wonderful husband! He works hard at his job and at home. Daniel loves him so much! It's sweet to watch! Tomorrow will be his 2nd Father's Day! He has off so we are going to church and then come home to spend the rest of the day. I love him so much and I am so GLAD he is my husband and the Father of my children. Be praying for my parents. My Daddy goes to a really good Doc. next Friday, I pray they find the root of his problems instead of trying to aleve them. Momma is doing good and can eat some actually. My sister just told us she is pregnant again! Their son,Landon, is 2 1/2 and she'll be due about February! They are excited! My parents are going to get lots of Grandbabies! My brother lil' boy is almost 2 months now! It's crazy! Mike's family are doing good too,just out for the summer. His Dad got laid off at work a few months back,so be praying for them also.

So now, a little from my heart. I was thinking today while out running some errands about being a Mother and having a family. I never thought this could be a ministry,how naive of me. I also envisioned going to a far off land to reach and teach others about Christ. That was my passion and it still is one of my passions,but not on the top of the list anymore. I desired to be a wife,but really didn't know the depth of it. I really never desired to be a Mother,due to fear of pregnancy,birth,and just being responsible for another human being. Now, that I am a Mother,I love it. I would not trade Daniel and soon to be here,Aaron, for anything. I never thought at age 26 I would have a 17 month old and be 5 1/2 months pregnant. You could have never convinced me of that. I thought I would be married in the mission field or unmarried in the mission field. I have a mission field, it is called my home. I firmly believe the highest calling for women is being a wife and a Mother. I know some aren't able to have biological children,but you still are a Mother if you adopt. If you don't adopt someone looks up to you and you can mold some one's life and heart. My first priority is to encourage,uplift,and love my husband,along with many others things. My second priority is to disciple,teach,and guide my children. What an honor. I have 2 lives,as of right now, that I can plant the Word of God in and no one can limit me on it. No one can tell me I cannot teach them the Word of God and about Christ. Isn't that what we believers yearn for? Someone to teach about Christ without being limited on how much you can teach them? We, Mothers, have that. How awesome! I want little boys after God's own heart and I want them to be Warriors for the kingdom of God! I have the privilege of staying home with them and helping them achieve those things. I just never looked at it that way. I was so naive to think I had to go all the way across the globe (which I still want to do so and I'm not diminishing that) to reach others for Christ. I have 2 children that I can do that with and it's just amazing. I'm not saying if you have small children you shouldn't go overseas,no no. I would love to be there now! BUT God hasn't called us to that point. He has us here in Mobile,AL growing and raising our children. I love to hear of families who are evangelizing or are missionaries!! I deep down would love that for us,but God hasn't got that in His plan for us, as of now. So don't take what I have said the wrong way. I'm just relaying what I have realized for myself. I always thought I had to do the "big things" in order to being doing something for God. The big thing for me was going overseas or to another country. I thought if I could do that,I'll be doing something amazing for God. And that's so true,but I failed to realize many women do amazing things and they are overlooked. Changing diapers,feeding the baby,rocking the baby,doing laundry,ironing clothes,cooking,and so on may not be looked at as doing things for God,but you are,we are! In serving your family, you are serving God. He says what you have done to the least of these, you have done to me. He talks about serving others all thought the scripture. He came to serve,not to be served. Why would you serve others,but not your family? Why would you teach a Bible study,but not take care of your children? Why would you cook meals for the elderly or sick, and not your family? I thought I had to be doing those things too. I felt sort of left out when Daniel was first born,well about 5 months after he was. I wasn't involved in the women's ministry like I wanted. I finally realized at this point in my life it is okay. I don't have to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to keep up with ministries I once was involved in. My little ones need me dearly right now. They'll always need me,but at this point in their life they need me more. It's about having a daily relationship with Christ,not how many ministries you are involved in. We are to show our children how to walk daily with God and to follow His ways. Your little ones,will only be little once. Enjoy them and tend to them. You'll be blessed and so will they. It's just amazing how God can open your eyes and it not be the way you expected Him too. And how He will change your desires and wants too. I love Him for those things. He shows us so many things in the unexpected ways. Some days I could go nuts taking care of Daniel. He is energetic and sometimes gets into things though he knows not too,but without Daniel my life would be much more boring. Daniel makes my life more fulfilling. He is our legacy,along with Aaron. It's great to know we have someone to pass our faith onto. So that's just somethings I've been pondering lately.

I pray everyone is great! God Bless!

No comments: