5.25.2009

a little update on my pregnancy

Oh I had to be up at 7:30 to get ready. I was not even wanting to get up. Everything was good with me and the baby. My blood pressure was fine and I was at 149,but I had just eaten. :) I asked Cindy about the not going over 40 weeks and she said that the doctors did not want me too. She said we'll do what I want to do. She said they really want me to be induced. No way! Keep dreaming! She said that we'll do what I want as long as it is safe for the baby. She said she just has to tell patients who had a previous c-section that,the doctors order her too. I should have known that! She did tell me that she wants to check me at 36 weeks to see if she can feel if the baby has come down in the pelvis. She said if he/she hasn't, she is going to have me do hands and knees along with squatting to get him/her there. She said that I could have had him,but because of his positioning mostly I didn't. She said she even believes I could have had him being the size he was. You know how most doctors say little women can't have large babies. 8l I know she takes a lot of slack for not doing what they want her to concerning her patients,but I am so glad I found her. I know that I would not have been able to labor as long as I wanted with Daniel and I would have probably felt very defeated. Because of her I labored through every stage and know that it was not my body that was "damaged" or "unable". Some women's aren't I guess,but mine wasn't one of them. I know too that I would not be able to make the decision to let my body go into labor on it's own this time. I mean just because I had a section they want to rush things. I know they have to worry about a lot of malpractice issues. If something were to happen to me or the baby I would have no right to sue them,it was my choice,but unforunately not everyone thinks that way. That in itself is sad too.

I'm just so excited! :) I also asked about how I was doing with my weight and she said awesome! I have gained 3 lbs overall. I thought it was 5-10 lbs. I hope I don't come across vain. I told her I am just trying to do everything possible to avoid a section. It was heck on me. For some it's not and I'm glad b/c I do not want anyone to go through that pain and trouble. Like she said we'll do everything we can and if we don't have a VBAC we know we did everything we could. That's what happened last time. I am very proud of myself and my "team". We did great and I know we will this time again! :) I just feel so empowered. I am feeling great about this pregnancy. I was terrified with Daniel and felt so stupid for being so. I am going to try and go to some monthly ICAN(International Caesarean Awareness Network). She said that would be really helpful. The lady doing them is actually a friend of hers and Tammy's. Heidi and her mom,who is a Midwife, are doing them here in Mobile. I believe Heidi is trying for a VBAC also. I really need too,just gotta email to see when they are. I hope they do have them.

I go back June 17th for a regular appointment. Tammy is going to that one with me. It'll be another early one,but I like it better that way. I go June 4th for the ultrasound for the sex of the baby!!! We had scheduled that day,but Mike may be out of town. I'm going to try and change it to the 5th so my Mom can stay the night before and go with me. Two people think I am having a girl. What do ya'll think??? Lately, I've been having a feeling we're having a girl. I could be wrong,either one I'll be estatic over,just want a healthy baby! :) We decided on names too! It'll be Michael Aaron,call him Aaron or Elizabeth Hope,call her Elizabeth. We'll see. Our friends Brian and Amanda had their 3rd baby via c-section this morning. He was 6 lbs and 10 oz. How small! They are doing well! I have a cousin who just married last year and his wife is expecting in September,a boy. I also have a friend who is expecting in September. She's having a girl. Babies everywhere.

Thank you for prayers!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad things are going well for you with this pregancy.

I also had a C-Section with Brandon without the first labor pain. I felt like such a failure. When I got pregnant with Ty, my doctor (also boss) knew how important it was to me to labor. We induced and it looked like I was going to make it but at end...I started having problems with his heart rate and we did another C-Section. I got to experience labor and I was satisfied with that. My doctor told me later that my pelvis was too narrow and I would never have had him but he would have gotten stuck and ended up with a C-Section anyway.

So, I understand wanting to VBAC with this baby. Sounds like you are doing everything you can to prevent another one. Keep up the good work.

((hugs))