4.09.2009

Thankful Thursday-Sacrifice

Today at Thankful Thursday Laurie @ Women Taking A Stand is talking about sacrifice. What a time to talk about that word and meaning. The sacrifice that was made on the cross was way beyond any sacrifice we can offer. I'm thankful for the sacrifice God and Jesus made. God gave His Son and Jesus willingly went. What a blessed hope we have!

That's another thing I'm thankful for, hope in Christ. I was thinking about that this morning as I listened to the Christian radio station. All the turmoil and hard times that people are experiencing, those who trust in Christ have a hope in an eternal hope. We all know that America,as the rest of the world, are fixing to go through some rough times,not just economically,but in other ways I believe. It can be frightening and despairing,but for those who follow the Master,we have a hope far beyond this old world. As a popular song goes, "This world has nothing for me,I will follow you." If only people really knew how true those words are. Thank You,Lord that You called me and I want to follow You. As I see family struggling with health and finances and friends struggling with broken homes, we still have a hope. God's hope can carry you through the lowest valley. His hope can make you shine in the darkest time. God's hope can be a light to others who do not know our Lord. We are to be a city on a hill and shine so others may come to the Father. Go share your hope of Christ!!

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31:24

And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.
Psalm 39:7

For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.
Psalm 71:5

And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
Acts 24:15

By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 5:2

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Don't forge to check out Laurie @ Women Taking A Stand!

Titus 2:13

6 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Amen! And awesome verses! Happy Thankful Thursday and Happy Easter. Maranatha! Laurie Ann

Denise said...

Very precious post.

annies home said...

lovely post

LAURIE said...

Heather, Great scriptures you have shared with us! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter weekend! -love, Laurie

LAURIE said...

Blessings,
I wanted to let you know about a new feature on my blog. It is a way to connect to my faithful readers. "Circle of love" is a new feature on fridays where I want to introduce faithful friends such as yourself to my readers.

Check out todays post about this new feature and consider allowing me to feature you and your blog in the future.

Thank you for all that you are doing, as you minister to us thru the web!

Laurie

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Heather,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•